X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Parts and Customer Service NOT RECOMMENDED

I'm been trying to get a replacement part for my reciprocating saw and have been getting the runaround. Customer service hands it off to parts distributers who then hand it off to local distributers who (it seems) are not very interested in ordering Ridgid replacement parts for Ridgid power tool customers. I think there is a problem with Canadian customers in general because on my first attempt, Ridgid was willing to send me a $20 part with an additional $35 shipping fee which made no sense (since the saw replacement cost is $109).

If you are interested read the following below from bottom to top. It is the transcript from Ridgid Customer Service.

Needless to say I will never by Ridgid Power Tools again nor would I recommend them to anyone.

J.George

RIDGID Response: (08/15/2007 10:47)

Jeff:

I think there has been a misunderstanding here from the beginning.

FREE REPLACEMENT PARTS are parts provided free under the warranty coverage the tool carries, specifically the lifetime service agreement coverage.

Warranty coverage and repairs for your Ridgid power tool can be obtained by determining your closest authorized Ridgid service dealer from the dealer locator at the link below, contacting them, and arranging to get the tool in for warranty service and repairs.

RIDGID Service and Repair Centers

Any cusomter that wishes to just order parts can do so by contacting Gardner, Inc. at 1-877-544-9253. In some cases, those customers may be directed to Gardner, Inc's sister distributor in Canada which is Power Source at 1-800-663-9700.

If you wish to order the part direct, contact POwer Source to place an order. If you want the parts free of charge, that wouldhave to be done thorugh your nearest Ridgid authorized warranty service dealer.

Hopefully, this will clear some of the confusion up, and allow you to obtain the needed parts through the proper source you should be going through, whether it is warranty replacement parts or direct order/purchase parts.

Tom C.

Your question or request...
    Enter text only. Please do not paste images or other documents.

Your Response: (08/15/2007 10:47)

Tom, Sorry, I can see how it wasn't perfectly clear in my message. Christy (at Gardner) said that I should get in touch with Beau Blen because they will be able to order the part for me. Christy said she cannot. Are you telling me Christy ordered the part for me? That would be excellent. But if Christy ordered the part, why did she direct me to Beau Blen in the first place? Maybe you can refer me to one of the "hundreds" of Canadian Customers that order parts every day. Possibly one of them can tell me how to do it. Jeff

RIDGID Response: (08/15/2007 09:50)

Jeff:

From what you have indicated, it sounds like Christy has ordered the part for you. I am not sure why your experience has went differently that the hundreds of other Canadian customers that order parts every day through Gardner, but it sounds like you have done the necessary things to order the part. I would call back and talk to Christy again, and get the tracking information for the part order that she indicated they have placed for you.

I apologize, obtaining replacement parts is not normally a problem for our valued customers.

Tom C.

Your Response: (08/15/2007 09:33)

Tom, I spoke to Tracey at Gardner. She told me to call 1-800-663-9700 to order parts. I called that number and then spoke to Christy. She gave me another number to call. She said they will order the part for me. They are called Beau Blen @ 514-627-9151. Called the number which did not work. So I called them back and got a gentleman who couldn't find reference to the number that Christy gave me so instead gave me another number to call. Equiptment Lavigne @ 514-351-6004. I called that number, was put on hold, then cut off, and then when I tried to call back I got a busy signal. I feel I have made quite an effort to try and order a simple part that a GOOD REPUTABLE COMPANY would have had in the mail by now, no questions asked, no wasted time for the valued customer. Jeff Sokalski

RIDGID Response: (08/14/2007 02:04)

Jeff:

Gardner, Inc. is in place to assist with ordering parts direct. They have a sister distributor in Canada that they can ship the part to you from. Please get the name of any individual with them that denies assistance to you.

Call them at 1-877-544-9253 and order the part you need.

Tom C.

Your Response: (08/14/2007 01:19)

Tom, I certainly got the run around from your parts people. I also called Denise at customer service in South Carolina who was not any help either. I need a $20 part to replace the broken part on the Ridgid reciprocating saw that I own. I am sure I am not the first person requesting this part since it broke as a result of normal use. The casting around the hinge pin broke. Probably because it is undersized, or there was a weak point in the casting. It seems there isn't anybody that can help me with ordering this part. I have been given a wrong numbers and cut off once while waiting on hold from parts distributers. How about you send me the part to the address I gave you earlier. This is probably the best way to keep me as a Ridgid customer. Sincerely, Jeff

RIDGID Response: (08/14/2007 12:23)

Jeff:

I would contact Gardner, Inc. at 1-877-544-9253 to inquire about the order, and I would get the name of the person you speak with for record sake.

They are the master parts distributor for Ridgid and they handle on-line orders and dirtect orders. Only they would be able to tell you why your experience ordering with them, went the way it did.

Tom C.

Your Response: (08/14/2007 11:36)

Tom, I followed the links on your site using the catalogue number 300215002. That is how I ordered the part. I do not know the name of the distributer. Jeff

RIDGID Response: (08/14/2007 11:05)

Jeff:

What is the name of the distributor you order through. The Ridgid master parts distributor has a sister distributor in Canada which ship to Canadian customers for them, as needed.

Best regards,

Tom C.
    Consumer Response
    One World Technologies, Inc.

Your Question/Request:

Email Date:08/14/2007 10:32 am
    Sent to:ridgid@customernation.com
    Subject:Reciprocating Saw parts

Hello, I own a Ridgid Reciprocating Saw R3000 and require a new Gear Case Assemply part # 300215002 I contacted your parts distributer and placed an order for the part. Weeks past and I did not receive the part so I contacted the parts distributer and they told me the order was cancelled because I was located in Canada and the shipping would be $32.00 The saw is still in production and costs $109.00 at Home Depot. I noticed that Ridgid now advertises FREE REPLACEMENT PARTS. I am not sure why it would cost $32.00 to ship this part, but couple that with the price of the part (approx. $25.00) it would not make sense to pay for the parts when it represents more than half the cost of a new saw. I would hate to just throw away the saw since it can be easily refurbished with a new gear casing. Since Ridgid presently offers FREE REPLACEMENT PARTS for all your power tools, and this exact saw is presently within your product line I would expect to benefit from your existing parts policy. I want to remain a Ridgid customer. Please reply. Thank-you, Jeff Sokalski

Re: Replacement Parts and Customer Service NOT RECOMMENDED

The day after I posted this I was contacted and Ridgid said they will send me the replacement part.
    Not sure if posting to this forum made a difference, but the result is acceptable.

Comment

After reading all of the previous correspondance (your first post), it wasn't clear to me whether you took the recip saw in for service at your nearest authorized service center or was trying to repair the tool yourself. It appeared to me, that it was the latter.

I'm happy that the situation finally worked out and that Ridgid is sending you the part. However, if you are trying to repair the tool yourself, I can certainly understand the problem. Both the warranty and the service agreement clearly state that service must be done through an authorized service center. If they give you a problem, don't order the part, etc., I can sure relate to your frustration and would totally agree with you.

On the other hand, if you suffered a failure and was trying to get the part for free, in order to fix it yourself, then I can see why you had the problem. I cannot imagine any manufacturer simply sending you the part based on your request.

As far as the part price and the shipping fee, it is much less here in the U.S., but even then it seems high in relationship to the total cost of a finished product. But that's because the cost of "parts" is much higher because of warehouse, personnel, and the general "overhead" of parts operations. Even with automobiles, the cost of parts sold separately would be many, many times higher than the cost of the assembled vehicle at the dealership.

Still, there are far too many instances of customer service frustration with Ridgid.

CWS

Comment

Intresting thread, however I will say this:

I have had some great success with Ridgid customer service as of late. I absolutely love to deal with Bosch cust. service department ( they have sent me free replacement parts for stuff that I broke on tools long out of warranty at no cost, not even shipping).

As bad as I hate to say it, all of my experiences with DeWalt have been terrible, and I am sure others have had great luck with them, I think it just depends on who you speak with.

Good luck,

Comment

Originally posted by biscuit View Post
          I absolutely love to deal with Bosch cust. service department ,
          I have posted on another thread about my dealings with RIDGID cust service - I am STILL awaiting resolution of this matter...
          I have also had dealings with BOSCH cust svc...
          They went out of their way to assist me and make everything "right"...
          I sometimes think that the RIDGID powertool division (I know it is not actually RIDGID...) might take a few pointers from BOSCH...

One of my co-workers had a similar response from Dewalt... Their CSR's seem to not care...

Comment

[QUOTE=CWSmith;88837]

On the other hand, if you suffered a failure and was trying to get the part for free, in order to fix it yourself, then I can see why you had the problem. I cannot imagine any manufacturer simply sending you the part based on your request.

When I go to my local Home Depot and there is a sign that says RIDGID POWER TOOLS - FREE LIFETIME REPLACEMENT PARTS. I expect to be able to order a part, NOT be charged for that part, and NOT be charged a ridiculous shipping fee.

It's THAT simple.

Comment

I have had Delta send out FREE parts for new machines where I had to send them the old defective part to check over. The deal was that I gave them a credit card number and if they didn't receive the old part then after xx days they would charge something for the new one, but it the old part was in fact defective then no charge to me. Bosch is very good normally, but then I really haven't needed any service or parts on newer tools. For my older ones I expected to pay and I gladly did pay for parts.

Comment

I have never had to order parts from Ridgid, but the only time I had to deal with their customer service was a very positive experience.
                About 3 years ago I had to buy a new Ridgid 18V combo kit (the DeWalt one grew legs). About 45 days later, the battery charger gave up the ghost. Knowing Ridgid had a 90 day return policy and knowing Home Depot had a 30 day policy, I called customer service first. The lady gave me her extention # and told me to call back if I had any problems.
                The manager on duty told me that she didn't care what policy Ridgid had and Home Depots policy overrode it. So I called C.S. again and had that manager talk to her. After about 3 minutes of a very one sided conversation (C.S. was doing the talking) the HD ladies face was growing more red by the moment. She hung up and had me go pick out a new combo kit.
                In a nutshell, the Ridgid customer service staff went to bat for me when they could have just blown it off.
                Your results may vary, but I'm happy.
                ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

WOW I've had nothing but fantastic service and quick turnaround. I guess it depends on your local repair depot...?

Comment

I have not had any warranty issues with my Ridgid set either. But, I wanted to make a comment about res057 above response regarding the woman getting mad while on the phone in Home Depot. That is absolutely ridiculous! Whatever happened to "the customer is always right"? It is ridiculous that he(res057) had to have someone from CS actually call an employee of Home Depot and convince her to give him a replacement set. These people working in these big box stores have NO KNOWLEDGE of customer service. And why would she care if he was given a brand new set...it doesn't come out of her pocket! Sounds like she just wnated to be difficult. She will still make her $10 per hour so you would think she would want to resovle the situation and make the customer happy so she could go back to walking around with a blank expression on her face while avoiding customers. I am absolutely SICK of pathetic customer service in these places...seriously. I have a SEARS story that I would love to tell if anyone is interested in listening to me gripe! (haha)
                    But seriously though, what has happened to customer service? It's almost as if the employees in these places go out of their way to make things as DIFFICULT as possible for you and I to get what we need when we need it. Anyway, I'm sorry I am griping and ranting...just wanted to put my two cents in. Oh, and GOOD FOR YOU res057!
                    Nick

Comment

Thanks, Nick.
                      Here's my rant on Sears;
                      http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5626
                      The big box stores don't care about customer service. They act as if they don't care if they ever see you again, unlike the small independant stores (which have pretty much gone the way of the buffalo).
                      Jack
                      ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by duck_man View Post
                        WOW I've had nothing but fantastic service and quick turnaround. I guess it depends on your local repair depot...?
                        Duck_Man-

Who in Calgary have you been dealing with for Ridgid service? I haven't needed to get anything serviced yet, but it's always good to know.

Comment

My experience with Ridgid has been a total dissaster, they are no help at all. MY RECOMMENDATION TO PEOPLE DO NOT PURCHASE RIDGID TOOLS you cannot get any service, they don't care about their customers.

I have been trying to get a part for my RD80746 pressure washer, after less than two years the pump has failed. Who knows what would be next if I replaced it.

It seems to me the quality of products and service has gone in the toliet with this company.......

NOT HAPPY WITH THEM AT ALL.................

Comment

Originally posted by Rong View Post
                            My experience with Ridgid has been a total dissaster, they are no help at all. MY RECOMMENDATION TO PEOPLE DO NOT PURCHASE RIDGID TOOLS you cannot get any service, they don't care about their customers.

I have been trying to get a part for my RD80746 pressure washer, after less than two years the pump has failed. Who knows what would be next if I replaced it.

It seems to me the quality of products and service has gone in the toliet with this company.......

NOT HAPPY WITH THEM AT ALL.................
                            Was it really necessary to bring back an over two years old thread to rant in? Didn't you think you got your message across with the other three rant posts you've posted about this since yesterday?
                            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by jgeorge View Post
                              The day after I posted this I was contacted and Ridgid said they will send me the replacement part.
                              Not sure if posting to this forum made a difference, but the result is acceptable.
                              You can lead them to water.........
                              Dear Mr. George,
                              I can tell you exactly why he sent the part. He gave up trying to deal with you when you chose to continue in the wrong direction after he gave you the resolution in his email to you. Please see below.
                              RIDGID Response: (08/15/2007 10:47)

Jeff:

I think there has been a misunderstanding here from the beginning.

FREE REPLACEMENT PARTS are parts provided free under the warranty coverage the tool carries, specifically the lifetime service agreement coverage.

Warranty coverage and repairs for your Ridgid power tool can be obtained by determining your closest authorized Ridgid service dealer from the dealer locator at the link below, contacting them, and arranging to get the tool in for warranty service and repairs.

RIDGID Service and Repair Centers

Any cusomter that wishes to just order parts can do so by contacting Gardner, Inc. at 1-877-544-9253. In some cases, those customers may be directed to Gardner, Inc's sister distributor in Canada which is Power Source at 1-800-663-9700.

If you wish to order the part direct, contact POwer Source to place an order. If you want the parts free of charge, that wouldhave to be done thorugh your nearest Ridgid authorized warranty service dealer.

Hopefully, this will clear some of the confusion up, and allow you to obtain the needed parts through the proper source you should be going through, whether it is warranty replacement parts or direct order/purchase parts.
                              Tom,
                              In the third paragraph......."Warranty coverage and repairs for your Ridgid power tool can be obtained by determining your closest authorized Ridgid service dealer from the dealer locator at the link below, contacting them, and arranging to get the tool in for warranty service and repairs."
                              There it is! What could be easier or more direct?
                              "For warranty repairs contact the closest repair center from the link below".....
                              There was your answer, there was the resolution, there was the fix to the problem. YOU chose to ignore it and continue on with the Gardner direction. There were endless problems with the Gardner thing including you mixing and confusing USA and Canada.
                              Tom tried to make things easy for you in his communication, however you refused to see the solution because you had yourself all worked up because you never read the instructions for using the Lifetime service agreement 1- in the user manual, 2-at the Ridgid web site 3-or on the LSA form you filled out and mailed to Ridgid.
                              But.......You ranted and raved and caused every one else problems and probably kicked your dog and shortened your life span by a few years.......and got a free part.
                              Suggestion-Next time why don't you read and follow the directions......Ray
                              Last edited by roadrashray; 09-24-2009, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X