X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free detail Sander

While cleaning out my tool cabinets today, I found a tool that I thought was long gone

Anyway, its a Ryobi DS-1000 detail sander, I could no longer find it on their webiste. It's got the triangular end and it is literally in new condition. I used this tool when I was about 17 years old to sand some damn pencil marks a so-called cabinet maker left in some corners of my older brothers cabinets before finishing.

I just tried it out and it works just fine.

I do have a assortment of adhesive sanding pads for it that for some reason I have manged to hang on to for 20 years. (Yep, I am 37 years old and feel every minute of it, played too hard when younger).

Anyway, this tool and pads are free to a good home for someone who can/would actually use it.

I do ask that those of you\us that are more fortunate than other not reply, I know its not a tool that is used often, but someone who can not afford to purchase on a whim, might actually need/use it. I will also include a Dewalt pad (random/orbit) sander (takes the square pads) as a extra. The dewalt is used, but works just fine. The cord has many cracks in it but to this point has not (lit me up). I will try and replace before shipment if possible. If not , You are on you own with cord replacement.

Just reply, and or PM me and I will make arrangements to ship to you.

Regards,

Re: Free detail Sander

Biscuit you are my new hero

I have no use for a detail sander but I'm sure someone would love it.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
      Biscuit you are my new hero

I have no use for a detail sander but I'm sure someone would love it.

Plumberscrack, I am by no means a hero by my definition!, but I do appreciate the comment. I just hope someone who actually "needs" it will reply.
      I dont mind giving it to anyone, I had just rather it go to someone who actually needs it.

If nobody wants it , I will be trashing it in the next few weeks, but I really hate to do so as it in perfect condition.

Regards,

Comment

Don't trash it. If there are no takers for it why not donate it to the local Habitat For Humanity chapter nearest you. They are always very appreciative of any tool donations.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

biscuit

If nothing else give it to your trash collector(s) as I'm sure one of them would love to have it. I like Dave's idea of donating it to H for H.

Comment

I guess I should have chosen my words more carefully. I will not literally trash it.

I often leave things that could be of use to someone in a separate box by the street on trash days and usually lable it in big letters " LOOK INSIDE".

Regards,

Comment

Great idea biscuit... thanks for your generosity. I am sure someone will give it a good home.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, I just thought I would make the offer here before seeing if sanitation workers want them.

Regards,

Comment

I finally got a taker, I gave them to a kid(teenager) who loves to come by my place when I am building things and ask a lot of questions and try to help.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by biscuit View Post
                    I finally got a taker, I gave them to a kid(teenager) who loves to come by my place when I am building things and ask a lot of questions and try to help.

Regards,
                    Perfect
                    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by biscuit View Post

Regards,
                      I don't suppose you told him that the Ryobi DS 1000 sander was recalled by The U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commision in 1998 for starting fires
                      http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml98/98082.html

But your heart was in the right place

Comment

Damn,

I guess I will be the cause of his home burning down, or him getting electrocuted due to the condition of the cord on the Dewalt.

I do have a new cord ordered for him to go on the dewalt sander.

Anyway, thanks for the information.

Comment

On second thought, I just read the link you posted and the one I got was purchased around 1986 or 87. So its much older than those. Hopefully its ok.

Never been used enough to tell.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                          X