Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• since so many dewalt folks are not TTI....

so what is the total now?

miter saws---check
    screw guns---check
    metal working---check

am i missing any product managers that use to bleed yellow that now bleed red/orange?

so now that TTI is getting all of the product team talent...what will the faithful say?

Re: since so many dewalt folks are not TTI....

what's tti?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

TTI Techtronics Industries Company Limited

Techtronic Industries Company Limited (TTI or the Group) is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of home improvement products, with sales in 2002 of US$1.2 billion. Its principal areas of business are power tools, outdoor power equipment, floor care appliances, solar powered lighting and electronic measuring tools.

TTI maintains an expanding stable of well-established and fast-growing brands, including Ryobi power tools, Ryobi and Homelite outdoor power equipment and Dirt Devil and Vax floor care appliances. These branded products are sold in close collaboration with many of the world's major retailers in North America, Europe and Australasia.

TTI is the preferred partner of other leading home improvement brands. For retailers, it offers a comprehensive service to produce a complete product range sold under their own private label. For independent brands, TTI works on an original equipment and original design manufacturing (OEM/ODM) basis, providing custom solutions that include product design, engineering, manufacture, supply chain management and market support.

The Group is headquartered in Hong Kong and maintains manufacturing and research facilities in Asia and North America, as well as a customer servicing network in North America, Europe and Australasia. It employs over 16,000 people worldwide.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by donutboy View Post
        so what is the total now?

miter saws---check
        screw guns---check
        metal working---check

am i missing any product managers that use to bleed yellow that now bleed red/orange?

so now that TTI is getting all of the product team talent...what will the faithful say?
        Maybe I'm just being dense tonight, but I still don't get what you're refering to
        ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

I'm not sure I follow what you're saying either. That Dewalts design team moved to TTI for those tools?

Comment

saying that there are some die-hard yellow folks that now wear red and orange shirts. How will the ridgid faithful take to it? TTI hired some serious hitters from Towson.

not saying that they were all the best of the best, but I have heard a couple of names and they were really good for the yellow team.

Comment

People move from company to company all the time. Overall in the grand scheme of things, there usually is not much of an impact because someone changed jobs.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I guess only time will tell. With all of the stock options that have been offered they really are counting on these guys and gals that are coming over to make a big impact.

Comment

did one of them design the dwalt radio

if so ridgid will soon have a radio
                  Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                  http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                  http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Nope....from what I know....no they did not. None of them are from the cordless team (which is what TTI needs)

I think the miter saw guy use to be on the XRP cordless side, but that was back in the day.

Comment

What ever happened to the cordless guys that were with Milwaukee when they bought them out? Did they leave?

Comment

Well, TTI doesn't really need new miter saw designs or designers. They just need to build them so they can cut straight.

Comment

I still don't get it! LOL
                          Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

I sure agree with that statement "buy cheap buy twice "friends dont let friends buy Ryobi really poor quality tools. they got me once never again.... I, ve made batteries with better lasting power in high school science class Ridgid is my tool of choice

Comment

Originally posted by Gemm View Post
                              I sure agree with that statement "buy cheap buy twice "friends dont let friends buy Ryobi really poor quality tools. they got me once never again.... I, ve made batteries with better lasting power in high school science class Ridgid is my tool of choice
                              TTI manufactures Milwaukee and Ridgid. The guy that started this post is being very cute and coy implying alot of insider knowledge of key people moving from Dewalt to TTI. Who are these people and when did they move and what great knew Milwaukee or Ridgid tools are they responsible for?

Comment

Working...
                              X