Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Set of Air Nailers? Recommendations plz...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good Set of Air Nailers? Recommendations plz...

I googled up Orion tools to see what came up and unless there is another company by the same name it seems Orion is actually a japanese company established in 1956. I think the company you are refering to is actually Steel City which was formed by some ex-Delta people.

Comment

Turns out you are right, not just Steel City but Orion was also started by Delta people. http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/ez.../interview.cfm

Comment

Hello There,
        Newbie who just found this forum and has info and a question:

Info: The CH set on Amazon and Costco are a little different- Costco's has the angled finish and framing guns whereas Amazon's has only the angled framing gun. Also, it is $199 in store at Costco in NH (not sure if same elsewhere) and there is a coupon for $20 off in a flier. Email me if you'd like one.

Question: Bought the Craftsman 3-piece set (18GA Brad & Stapler, 16GA Finish) for $170 with the 20% Craftsman Club deal last week. I decided to keep this set instead of swapping for the CH because I like the weight, size, bag, and flexibility of the Craftsman set over the CH (which felt clunky, had a giant case, and the pieces are really big and heavy). In either case, it was suggested I buy nails with adhesive that will melt when the nail enters the wood, but it seems like only the angled nail sets have adhesive (yellow stuff?). Is this the case, or are the ones I'm buying held together with adhesive that cannot be seen (clear or something)?

Thanks!

Rock on,

SML

PS Just bought Hitachi Li-Ion Cordless tool set and it rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scribe View Post
          Hello There,
          Newbie who just found this forum and has info and a question:

Info: The CH set on Amazon and Costco are a little different- Costco's has the angled finish and framing guns whereas Amazon's has only the angled framing gun. Also, it is $199 in store at Costco in NH (not sure if same elsewhere) and there is a coupon for $20 off in a flier. Email me if you'd like one.

Question: Bought the Craftsman 3-piece set (18GA Brad & Stapler, 16GA Finish) for $170 with the 20% Craftsman Club deal last week. I decided to keep this set instead of swapping for the CH because I like the weight, size, bag, and flexibility of the Craftsman set over the CH (which felt clunky, had a giant case, and the pieces are really big and heavy). In either case, it was suggested I buy nails with adhesive that will melt when the nail enters the wood, but it seems like only the angled nail sets have adhesive (yellow stuff?). Is this the case, or are the ones I'm buying held together with adhesive that cannot be seen (clear or something)?

Thanks!

Rock on,

SML

PS Just bought Hitachi Li-Ion Cordless tool set and it rocks!!
          Ok, so it looks like you did the same research that I am doing. Comparing the CH set to the Craftsman. The only difference is, I haven't actually touched any set yet. The reason that I wanted the CH set though, was that it comes with the Framing nailer and also has the 2in1 stapler/finish, whereas the Craftsman has that as two individual nailers. I am going to be building a fence in the next month and that is what I needed the framing nailer for. Can you PM me that coupon that you were talking about? I just need to find someone with a Costco membership to buy it for me, I am a Sam's club member....

Comment

Automobiliben,
            The CH kit does not come with a 2/1 stapler/brad nailer, it only has a brad nailer. Also, the CH framing nailer looks ok, but there's not too much written about it. I decided that I'll use the staple/brad/finish guns way more, and if I need a framing nailer I'd buy a very good one (I'll be buying an Hitachi NR90 in the next week or so).
            The reasons for this are simple: Weight, size, reliability. I don't want to be using a heavy piece for a couple hours. I learned this with my cordless drill sets! I want to be able to store the pieces easily. I learned this with my giant table saw! Lastly, I've seen framing nailers jam and/or not inject the nail deep enough- a pain since the reason to buy these in the first place is to make things easier.

Grab your friend and go to Costco to look at/hold the CH kit and then look at the Craftsman and decide. Both are great deals. As for the coupon, there is a note on the bottom that says "no photocopies accepted." It shouldn't matter, your friend should have one or the people at Costco can get you a booklet.

SML

Comment

Check out WWW.craigslist.com goto your city and look under tools. there are great deals on used nailers in my city every day !!!! I have found some great buys on real good stuff...

Comment

Working...
              X