X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scroll saw 16"

Planning on buying a used 16" scroll saw I believe the model # IS SS1650. Seller tells me it's 5 years old and purchased at Home Depot. Can anyone give me some info on this saw. Opinions and suggestions would be greatly helpful in my purchase.

THANKS WAXMAN

Re: scroll saw 16"

How much is he asking? This scroll saw was discontinued by Ridgid quite a few years ago. Don't know the exact reason it was discontinued but lack of sales is usually the reason for discontinuing a product. IIRC these scroll saws were selling for under $100 when HD moved them out.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Badger Dave, Thanks For The Input.

Comment

When Ridgid dropped thier 16-inch scroll saw (about five or six years ago [in was just before the TTI agreement and the introduction of Ridgid "Orange" tools), Ryobi came out with their 18-inch model. Looking at photographes of the two, they look almost identical. The Ryobi was only on the market for a little over a year or so, and I bought it when it was being closed out by Home Depot (it was too competitive to the Dremel I believe, and I was told that HD simply did not want to carry three scroll-saws, as it didn't really fit into the "contractor" market.

Last year, Sears introduced the same model under the Craftsman name (made by Ryobi/TTI). All three look remarkably the same, except that the Ryobi and Craftsman offerings are 18-inch, not 16 (as was the Ridgid).

CWS

Comment

Working...
        X