• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 18 Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Drill

No worries.

Comment

I spent some time on the phone with Rigid Tech Support and discovered that the new 18volt lion battery will fit my 18volt nicad tools but I will need to buy a new charger. Batteries are $149.00 each and $49.00 for the charger. I saw the new 18volt lion drill which comes with 2 batteries and charger for $179.00, a bargain but no mention of the amp hours anywhere? Back on the phone with tech support and I was told it was a 3 amp hour battery! Only one 18 volt lion battery and it's the compact one, so if that's true I will be getting a new drill which I really don't need and two new batteries which will last longer and hold their charge longer too. Anyone with different information please post. Thank you.

Comment

I Believe It Is Actually A 2.9 Ah

Comment

I read the ah was 2.9 somewhere else on this sight. I wonder if the tech guy just didn't want to be bothered being so specific? Not good if that's the case, when you ask a specific tech question you should receive the exact answer. No a great big deal but it is what it is. I'm still going to get that new drill, lion batteries and charger. I'll continue to use my nicads for the occassional work around the house but it will be nice to know I have the lions
          on standby or for more demanding work. Thanks for the accurate info.

Comment

I was the fellow who did the initial review of these new drills/batteries, and I spent a few hours going over things with tech support, customer service, local reps, and hours of testing. I was told that these new 18V lithium-ion batteries are 2.9 Ah. I have done some testing with them, side by side with a 2.5 Ah Max Ni-cad battery, and I believe that the told of 2.9 Ah rating to be true. Performance and longevity seems to be on par for that standard. The only problem is that we have yet to see this number put to paper or to the item's webpage listing on Ridgid.com, so see it absolutely confirmed. But it does seem correct. And yes, it can be used in any of your other Ridgid 18 volt tools (not just the MaxSelect ones), and ABSOLUTELY you need a proper 18 volt lithium ion battery charger. (yes, the kit is the better deal - even if you say you don't need another drill, it has replaced my previous one - the LED light is a dream!).

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
              The only problem is that we have yet to see this number put to paper or to the item's webpage listing on Ridgid.com, so see it absolutely confirmed.
              Looks like that 2.9Ah number fell off the table on the way from design to production. Very dissapointing to find out it is only 1.5Ah. I think Ridgid is going to find it ticked off a bunch of customers.
              Last edited by Disaster; 10-03-2007, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X