Clear All

• 18 Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Drill

Hello, Not having much luck locating the 18 Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Drill
    at Home Depot in the Houston area. The Home Depot website does
    not list it and the local stores haven't a clue. Any ideas would
    greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Re: 18 Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Drill

You can find them on eBay. Just keep your eye out for the fine print, and make sure you get one that is brand new, unopened, and with the Home Depot receipt.

Comment

Originally posted by yakdung View Post
      Hello, Not having much luck locating the 18 Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Drill
      at Home Depot in the Houston area. The Home Depot website does
      not list it and the local stores haven't a clue. Any ideas would
      greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
      Go to customer service desk and ask them to call stores outside of the Houston area. I have had them transfer items between stores before.

Good Luck
      http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

Comment

I called the Home Depot on Beltway 8 yesterday and spoke to a manager
        by the name of David. He also does not understand why he does
        not have any as well. He promised me he would call Ridgid and
        and provide me with an update. As of 8/29/07 @ 12:19 cst I have
        not received a call. I believe it is the intention to frustrate
        and prevent the consumer from purchasing this product.
        The system in the US is build upon and supply and demand.
        It seems like the customer has to demand and try hard as heck on his
        own to seek supply.

Frustrated!

Comment

Could it be that there's something better waiting for you to come and find it in the way of a compact 18 Volt Li-Ion drill? Maybe the frustration at Home Depot means it's time to tell them xxxxxx and look elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
            Could it be that there's something better waiting for you to come and find it in the way of a compact 18 Volt Li-Ion drill? Maybe the frustration at Home Depot means it's time to tell them xxxxxx and look elsewhere.
            I agree with Woussko

Sometimes doors close so we don't go through the wrong door. Open another door.

Comment

I have phoned numerous other recommended dealers besides Home Depot listed within the Houston area on the Ridgid site without luck. This drill is Vaporware in the Houston market as far as I can tell. yakdung

Comment

I have phoned numerous other recommended dealers besides Home Depot listed within the Houston area on the Ridgid site without luck. This drill is Vaporware in the Houston market as far as I can tell. yakdung

Maybe someone from RIDGID will come across this thread.

Comment

I wonder if someone might be telling you to log onto the eBay website and get yourself a quality lithium/ion drill driver there at below sensible prices. I got a Milwaukee L/I drill driver 18v cordless tool at that website for under $100,00 . You just have to outbid your contemporaries and win what you bid on. There are all the big names, DeWalt, Porter Cable, Milwaukee, and yes, they even have Rigid tools available. You just have to be patient and wade through the BS.

Good luck however you decide to go with your quest.

Mount_Bigalo

Comment

There are dozens of reputable dealers on ebay selling tools and batteries at substantially lower than retail buy it now prices. No need to even bother with bidding to get a good deal.

Comment

After not receiving a call from the manager of the Home Depot I decided
                      to pay a visit. I spoke with one of the sales associates in the contractor
                      service area and he found one of the mysterious missing drills the manager
                      could not locate in the store within two minutes. The drills are located in the storage area above the counter isle. Paid $179.00 and received a 18V drill, two 18V Lithium Ion batteries, charger and a bag .

Purchasing online is fine and dandy when you are ready to buy, but
                      not helpful when you would like to see and check merchandise before purchasing .

This has been a most painful experience as a consumer .
                      Only time will tell if the drill stands up.
                      yakdung

Comment

After not receiving a call from the manager of the Home Depot I decided
                        to pay a visit. I spoke with one of the sales associates in the contractor
                        service area and he found one of the mysterious missing drills the manager
                        could not locate in the store within two minutes. The drills are located in the storage area above the counter isle. Paid $179.00 and received a 18V drill, two 18V Lithium Ion batteries, charger and a bag .

Purchasing online is fine and dandy when you are ready to buy, but
                        not helpful when you would like to see and check merchandise before purchasing .

This has been a most painful experience as a consumer .
                        Only time will tell if the drill stands up.
                        yakdung
                        Yet another Home Depot Customer Service story, or lack there of.

Your not alone

Comment

There are several in my store. Im curious if the NiMH battery will interchange? Our display has the battery clamped on and I never think of experimenting until its too busy in the store.

Comment

The current standard Ridgid battery is NiCad, not NiMH. And yes, it is interchangable between the tools.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                              The current standard Ridgid battery is NiCad, not NiMH. And yes, it is interchangable between the tools.

Whoops, now I feel like the HD employee everyone is always complaining about but Thank You for the answer (I was hoping for) and the enlightenment.

Comment

Working...
                              X