a little battery help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little battery help

hey everyone first post and hope you can help i have a ridgid 14.4 cordless drill model R830153 and i just purchased a 14.4 volt impact driver model R82320 my question is can i interchange the batteries and chargers the drills batteries are slightly larger (i suspect cause they are hi capacity) but they fit and the chargers look identical ?

Re: a little battery help

I presume that you are talking about Ridgid; and if so, the answer is yes. The charger will handle any of the voltages listed on the chargers with both standard size and hi-capacity.

I have 7.4-, 14.4-, and 18-volt tools and all three came with the single port charger. They all look exactly alike and from what I can tell, they will all handle any of the listed Ni-Cad battery packs. The only exception would probably be the chargers that come with the Li-Ion batteries. Li-Ion batteries normally require a different charger and are not normally compatible with NiCad cells. (But, I don't know, particularly, about the Ridgid Li-Ion, as I have no first-hand experience with them.)

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Any Ridgid battery of the same voltage as the tool can be used in the tool including LI-ION. All Ridgid Ni-Cad batteries can be charged by all the Ridgid (dual and single port) Ni-Cad chargers.
      CWS is correct that LI-ION requires a different charger.
      The one word answer would be YES!

Comment

excellent thanks guys, i was a little worried when i got it home and the batteries were different sizes, because im trying to get rid of three cheap cordless drills and i want to be able to interchange the batteries, so now im happy...lol

Comment

Working...
        X