Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Impact Driver Help, I bought 2...

Ok, so I bought a 18V Dewalt Impact Driver last week off of eBay because I also got there 18V cordless finish nailer, I got a pretty good deal on both. Yesterday, I was in Home Depot and they had an out of the box Bosch PS40-2 Mini Impactor, that they sold to meet at the same price as a PS20, roughly 30% off. I need a recommendation on which one to keep and which one to sell. I am planning on putting in a fence, a deck and finishing off a basement along with other around the house chores. If anyone that has experience with both could help me out and decide which one to keep, that would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't really heard much from people that own the PS40, maybe keeping them both is a good option. Does the PS40 have enouh oommph, to let me do all of those things? I have heard that you can put in as many 3" deck screws with it that you want.

Re: Need Impact Driver Help, I bought 2...

If you will be doing large jobs the 18v unit will be more practical. Its a fair bit more powerfull and the battery life will be substantially longer. If it were me I'd probably keep both.

Comment

Nobody has input on this one???

Comment

Originally posted by automobiliben View Post
        Nobody has input on this one???

I have never used the ps20 or ps40. However, I was in the market at one time and done a lot of research.
        The ps40(as you know) is a impact driver and is more practical for driving screws, lags, etc. I really don't have use or see a use for a small drill. If I am going to drill, I will use my 18volt drill.
        You will get more runtime out of the impact driver than the drill. Most of the torque from the impact comes from the ratcheting mechanism in the tool, whereas, the drill will draw more amperage and drain more rapidly due to the different design of the tool.
        For what you are doing(fence, chores, deck, etc.)the impact(ps40) driver is the way to go. Maybe someone who owns both or one can comment on pros and cons.
        Last edited by onlycordless; 09-11-2007, 11:12 PM.
        http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

Comment

Hey there for those of you interested in the BOSCH impactor tool
          I happen to own and use one every day and i can tell you from experience it is a very well rounded tool. I was always into MAKITA and had never used an impact driver before until my coworker had one tried it once went out and bought the next day . It's lightweight and has the power to drive 3 inch screws easily. batteries charge in 20 to 30 min. so if you have one KEEP IT!! good luck.

Comment

I have the Ridgid 18volt impact driver and I think the tool is easy to work with and when using it as a screw driver it may actually be too powerful! I have not had any trouble using a 3/8 or 1/2 inch socket adapter in this tool and driving hex head screws or bolts, but you have to be careful when driving phillips head screws or else it will shatter your bit. I think the Ridgid 18volt tools are a real bargain and now with the new 18volt lithium ion battery available in a new drill set the run time and ability to hold a charge is extended.

Comment

Automobiliben,

I have an 18 volt impact and the PS40. I love the PS40, and I use it for most things since purchasing it. But for larger jobs (decks etc.) I prefer to use the 18 volt because it is still faster and more powerful than the PS40. I personally would keep them both. Especially since you got such a good deal on the Bosch.
              Ern

Comment

Working...
              X