Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Port Battery Charger to an Inverter?

I plan on storing 2 dual port battery chargers in my truck for all of my power tools. In a perfect world, this means I will have 4 batteries readily available at any given time. Does anyone run the dual port battery chargers to an inverter? Is this the best route to go?

Also, I see that the batteries and chargers need to be stored between 50-100 degrees. Does anyone have suggestions for those cold winter nights and/or hot summer days when storing the chargers/batteries in my truck (other than taking them inside)?

Re: Dual Port Battery Charger to an Inverter?

I've used dewalt chargers on inverters with no problem. As far as storage, the best way is to simply not store them in the vehicle in hot days. As long as they are not in freezing temperatures and you allow them to warm up to operating temperatures for use or charging, cold will not harm them.

Comment

Re: Dual Port Battery Charger to an Inverter?

I run my Ridgid dual port in the van off of a Xantrex. In extreme weather the batteries come inside. I have had a charger plugged into the garage for over a year and it has seen -40 to 130 with no negative effect. I don't try to charge anything at those temps

Comment

Working...
      X