X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 12" Miter-trouble aligning to throat plate

Hello!

This is my first time here.

I have a Ridgid 12" Sliding Compound Miter - model: MS1290LZ1, purchased May 2007.

I have been using this pretty much non stop since the purchase...building a 14x16 deck, with built-in benches.

The sliding arm is not cutting straight. I've:
    -aligned/squared miter table
    -removed and replaced blade
    -adjust bevel and miter lock
    ----and tried aligning the blade to the throat plate.

I believe the problem is adjusting the sliding bars/gib screws.

First, can you explain wich gib screw does what? ie, tightening the bottom back gib.

Second, do you have any other thoughts to troubleshoot.

Third...is there any literature regarding troubleshooting?

Thanks for your time and effort.

Ruthann

Re: Ridgid 12" Miter-trouble aligning to throat plate

Don't worry about aligning the blade to the throat plate. As long as you have the blade aligned at a 90° angle to the fence you should get straight cuts.

All of the adjustment procedures should be in the manual. I don't own that saw so I can't say for sure if they are but they should be.

Welcome to the group Ruthann.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

If you're refering to the saw not cutting straight from fully extended to fully retracted you might have a non-fixable problem. A lot of people have reported problems with that saw veering off by as much as 1/8" accross the full range of travel. Many (actually pretty much any) Ridgid miter saw are comming with parts machined out of tolerance that make the saw impossible to correctly adjust. Try doing a search on the subject as there are a bunch of topics on this problem.

Comment

Yeppers hate to tell you this but when doing my research on my own compound miter nightmare I saw a couple of slider issues.

Cant really comment on them but you can find them with 15 minutes of looking if not 7.

Find a silver lining.

Comment

I would suggest double checking fence to blade alignment. There are three hex bolts on the fence that have to be lossened and then set blade to 90 degrees with a square. Make sure that you check total travel of slide against the square for setting.

Comment

Read your owners manual.Just because people are complaining does not mean they read the owners manual. And folowed all the procedures for alignment properly If at all.

Comment

Working...
            X