Milwaukee 5625 acme thread problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee 5625 acme thread problems

When adjusting motor height in the router table w/ adjustment knob,the motor moves up a little then slips down. It adjusts down fine. To raise motor I have to support motor w/ my hand as a turn adjustment knob or just press adjustment button and move by hand and adjust to prevcise height by turning knob down. Another dissaiopment from MET. Any thoughts to fixes or anyone else w/ these problems???
    You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Re: Milwaukee 5625 acme thread problems

I know there have been problems using the above table adjustment(plastic would break)but was unaware of any tread problems(slippage).

Comment

Be sure the threads are very clean and also put a tiny bit of grease on them. Try lowering it beyond the set point first and then rising it to where you want it at. Has this problem been since you first got the Monster router? Please post all you can. I don't have that router, but I'm sure there are some members on here that own one and can give good info.
      Last edited by Woussko; 09-17-2007, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Router was fine til this week. I thought maybe since I routed macassar ebony to make a cross for my Dad's grave,that the chips may have made the threads slip. Macassar ebony is very oily,very very hard wood. It is a exotic hardwood.

Comment

problem solved. I sprayed motor housing w/ silicone dry lube. Motor goes up and down easily now w/ no slippage from the acme thread. I think some of the macassar ebony shaving got caught between the motor and router base. Maccassar ebony chips are like little pebbles. Hard hard wood!!!!

Comment

It's good to see you fixed it. Do you now like the Monster Router better?

Comment

Working...
            X