Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

14.4 1/2 Inch Cordless Drill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 14.4 1/2 Inch Cordless Drill

    Does anybody have an opinion (good/bad) of this drill (Model R830153)? It comes with a single charger, 2 batteries and soft case.
    I was at HD Saturday and it was marked down to 129.00 (from 199.00). I had a Harbor Freight coupon for 15% off so the total cost was 109.65. I asked the saleman why the mark down and he said the 14.4 is being discontinued, probably to be replaced with something that has more bells and whistles.
    Should I have opted for a different drill? I use it just for home projects. Thanks, Ron

  • #2
    Re: 14.4 1/2 Inch Cordless Drill

    Not quite an apples to apples comparison but I have the Ridgid R83001 3/8" cordless drill and have been perfectly satisfied with it. I too just use it primarily for around the house and shop use and find it has more than enough power and battery life for my needs. I doubt if you'll be disappointed at all with this drill.

    Pretty cool that your HD honored a Harbor Freight coupon, no way would the ones around here do that. The Home Depot's around here won't even honor Home Depot web prices.
    Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    ------- Henry Ford

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 14.4 1/2 Inch Cordless Drill

      Anybody know anything about it being discontinued? Was that a good price? Ron

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 14.4 1/2 Inch Cordless Drill

        I have this drill and its a very good drill......but its very heavy

        if it was me and i was going to buy a new drill i would go with the 18v Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Drill

        ( i went with the makita for work and love it)
        ________
        CRF250R
        Last edited by RODDY; 01-22-2011, 10:33 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 14.4 1/2 Inch Cordless Drill

          Anybody know whether it is being discontinued?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 14.4 1/2 Inch Cordless Drill

            Doesn't anybody have info on this? Ron

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 14.4 1/2 Inch Cordless Drill

              Originally posted by Ronald View Post
              Does anybody have an opinion (good/bad) of this drill (Model R830153)? It comes with a single charger, 2 batteries and soft case.
              I was at HD Saturday and it was marked down to 129.00 (from 199.00). I had a Harbor Freight coupon for 15% off so the total cost was 109.65. I asked the saleman why the mark down and he said the 14.4 is being discontinued, probably to be replaced with something that has more bells and whistles.
              Should I have opted for a different drill? I use it just for home projects. Thanks, Ron
              I agree with Roddy and would have taken the 15% off $179 for $143.15 for the new compact 18V lith. ion. drill. With that said the 14.4 is a very good drill for $106.95. Don't know if it's being discontinued, however with the Lifetime Service Agreement which includes batteries, who cares.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 14.4 1/2 Inch Cordless Drill

                Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
                I agree with Roddy and would have taken the 15% off $179 for $143.15 for the new compact 18V lith. ion. drill. With that said the 14.4 is a very good drill for $106.95. Don't know if it's being discontinued, however with the Lifetime Service Agreement which includes batteries, who cares.
                I was concerned that if it was discontinued, would I still be able to get replacement parts/items for it , even with the lifetime service agreement.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 14.4 1/2 Inch Cordless Drill

                  Originally posted by Ronald View Post
                  I was concerned that if it was discontinued, would I still be able to get replacement parts/items for it , even with the lifetime service agreement.
                  Nothing in life is guaranteed of course, with the exception of the old death and taxes. Ridgid is a major player in the professional tool market, therefor assuming the 14.4 has been discontinued (no one has confirmed even a rumor) I am confident they would support it with repair parts for a number of years.
                  Ronald.......You're going to give yourself an ulcer. You got a good deal on a high quality tool. Go out and do some drillin and screwin and have a good time!....Ray

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 14.4 1/2 Inch Cordless Drill

                    Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
                    Nothing in life is guaranteed of course, with the exception of the old death and taxes. Ridgid is a major player in the professional tool market, therefor assuming the 14.4 has been discontinued (no one has confirmed even a rumor) I am confident they would support it with repair parts for a number of years.
                    Ronald.......You're going to give yourself an ulcer. You got a good deal on a high quality tool. Go out and do some drillin and screwin and have a good time!....Ray

                    Ray
                    You are absolutely RIGHT! I appreciate the great advice. I admit I was worring just way too much over it. Thanks again, Ron

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X