14.4 1/2 Inch Cordless Drill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14.4 1/2 Inch Cordless Drill

Does anybody have an opinion (good/bad) of this drill (Model R830153)? It comes with a single charger, 2 batteries and soft case.
    I was at HD Saturday and it was marked down to 129.00 (from 199.00). I had a Harbor Freight coupon for 15% off so the total cost was 109.65. I asked the saleman why the mark down and he said the 14.4 is being discontinued, probably to be replaced with something that has more bells and whistles.
    Should I have opted for a different drill? I use it just for home projects. Thanks, Ron

Re: 14.4 1/2 Inch Cordless Drill

Not quite an apples to apples comparison but I have the Ridgid R83001 3/8" cordless drill and have been perfectly satisfied with it. I too just use it primarily for around the house and shop use and find it has more than enough power and battery life for my needs. I doubt if you'll be disappointed at all with this drill.

Pretty cool that your HD honored a Harbor Freight coupon, no way would the ones around here do that. The Home Depot's around here won't even honor Home Depot web prices.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Anybody know anything about it being discontinued? Was that a good price? Ron

Comment

I have this drill and its a very good drill......but its very heavy

if it was me and i was going to buy a new drill i would go with the 18v Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Drill

( i went with the makita for work and love it)
        ________
        CRF250R
        Last edited by RODDY; 01-22-2011, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Anybody know whether it is being discontinued?

Comment

Doesn't anybody have info on this? Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
              Does anybody have an opinion (good/bad) of this drill (Model R830153)? It comes with a single charger, 2 batteries and soft case.
              I was at HD Saturday and it was marked down to 129.00 (from 199.00). I had a Harbor Freight coupon for 15% off so the total cost was 109.65. I asked the saleman why the mark down and he said the 14.4 is being discontinued, probably to be replaced with something that has more bells and whistles.
              Should I have opted for a different drill? I use it just for home projects. Thanks, Ron
              I agree with Roddy and would have taken the 15% off $179 for $143.15 for the new compact 18V lith. ion. drill. With that said the 14.4 is a very good drill for $106.95. Don't know if it's being discontinued, however with the Lifetime Service Agreement which includes batteries, who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
                I agree with Roddy and would have taken the 15% off $179 for $143.15 for the new compact 18V lith. ion. drill. With that said the 14.4 is a very good drill for $106.95. Don't know if it's being discontinued, however with the Lifetime Service Agreement which includes batteries, who cares.
                I was concerned that if it was discontinued, would I still be able to get replacement parts/items for it , even with the lifetime service agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
                  I was concerned that if it was discontinued, would I still be able to get replacement parts/items for it , even with the lifetime service agreement.
                  Nothing in life is guaranteed of course, with the exception of the old death and taxes. Ridgid is a major player in the professional tool market, therefor assuming the 14.4 has been discontinued (no one has confirmed even a rumor) I am confident they would support it with repair parts for a number of years.
                  Ronald.......You're going to give yourself an ulcer. You got a good deal on a high quality tool. Go out and do some drillin and screwin and have a good time!....Ray

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
                    Nothing in life is guaranteed of course, with the exception of the old death and taxes. Ridgid is a major player in the professional tool market, therefor assuming the 14.4 has been discontinued (no one has confirmed even a rumor) I am confident they would support it with repair parts for a number of years.
                    Ronald.......You're going to give yourself an ulcer. You got a good deal on a high quality tool. Go out and do some drillin and screwin and have a good time!....Ray

Ray
                    You are absolutely RIGHT! I appreciate the great advice. I admit I was worring just way too much over it. Thanks again, Ron

Comment

Working...
                    X