Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid sucks

Originally posted by Ruudacguy View Post
    All you have to do take the thing back to Home Depot. They dont need it taken apart, or the original packaging. Show them whats wrong with it, and they will give you a new one. Big deal.
    Thats what i had to do with mine when i bought it back in early april. got home and opened the box and looked like a forklift had shoved it into something somewhere as the frame was all tweaked. called the store and they exchanged it and opened the new one at the coustomer service desk to make sure it wasn't also damaged since it came off of the same shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
      Ruudacguy (and anyone else),

You have 90 days from date of purchase to return any Ridgid tool that you are not happy with (broken or otherwise). However, they won't do anything without a receipt. If you've lost your receipt, but can identify the exact date and store at which the purchase was made, the Customer Service desk should be able to assist you in getting a new receipt from the Atlanta office.

If it's beyond 90 days, the store has no responsibility at all toward refunding, repairing, or anything else. I know there have been several posts suggesting that the store will honor a warranty or service issue; but if so, that is a rare store indeed. Normally Home Depot does not handle issues beyond the 90-day "Satisfaction" return policy offered by Ridgid.

CWS
      Over the years I have returned several items to Home Depot that were damaged and asked for a replacement without a receipt after the ninety day period. In fact I can not remember a single instance of being turned down. I will confess that in most cases I have implied that I have had the tool for less than ninety days and can't "locate" the receipt. I have only used this procedure in asking for a tool replacement, never a refund.
      I am always polite and calm and explain the problem and ask if they can help by replacing the tool. I usually go to the tool department because sometimes the problem is chronic and they are aware of a "silent recall" by the manufacturer. Often the tool dept. person will take a new tool and walk me to customer service and explain that they should swap out the new for broken old tool.
      As a previous poster noted, it's important to realise that the HD people didn't make the problem item and if they are treated as you would want to be treated they will usually do alot to help.

Comment

If you paid with a credit card, you will not need a receipt. If you paid cash, HD usually gives store credit.
        http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

Comment

Originally posted by chic View Post
          Sylvan,the ridgid you talk to is the real ridgid,there great,they handle all the threading and drain machine problems.the ridgid for the wood working tools and the cordless is ryobi in south carolina.
          Well all I can say is since 1968 Ridgid (plumbing) and drain cleaning folks in Ohio are amazing to deal with.

Even the not so good Auto spin the rep helped me with (after asking why the hell did a plumber buy that?)

I did have it repaired twice as they didn't get it quite right the first time and Modern Supply who was supposed to be a rep said we don't fix that.

Comment

A little update.

I went to the repair center on friday only to find the place closed. The place was supposed to be open until 5 but the guy went home early.

I had to make a second trip on monday. I showed him the problem and he said he would try to help. He said he doesn't want to do any ridgid warranty claims because they just lowered what they pay out for repairs. They also refused to pay him what they owed him under the old rate, so he was paid about 10 grand less than what he anticipated.

I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes.

Comment

I'm beginning to believe that indeed Ridgid sucks!

My wet/dry vac quit working. Flip the switch and nothing. So I called Home Depot where I got it from, and they hunted looking for a Ridgid phone number. I finally went online to get the number, called and got a lady who doesn't speak english very well. I tried to explain what the problem was, but I'm not sure she understood what I was saying. She did say that my Vac has a "lifetime" warranty. She gave me a RMA number and was supposed to e-mail me with where to send it.

5 days later, still no address. So I found out, via the website, that Ridgid is actually Emerson Tools. So I was going to send it to the Flourissant, Missouri address. I did finally find the Customer service address, took the vac to the Post Office and mailed it to them.

I get the unit back with a note saying that my Vac, which is less than a year old, is not covered under the warranty. The reason Tina (the Customer Service Senior) gave was that it was used. That some wheel was full of debris. We've never used the unit but with the filter on, and didn't use it to vac wet at all.

If using a vacuum cleaner as a vacuum cleaner voids the warranty, then what's the purpose of getting a vacuum cleaner? I have a bar, so there's no wood chips, or concrete dust or the such to deal with. And occasional cigarette butt or dust on the carpet is about it. What good is a "lifetime warranty" if actually using the tool for it's intended purpose invalidates the warranty? NO MORE RIDGID TOOLS, NO MORE HOME DEPOT either for that matter. In this case, Ridgid DOESN'T suck is the problem.

Comment

A little update. Last thursday my part finally came in. Well guess what? It was the wrong one. I asked for the knob/handle and instead I received a washer of some sort. The guy at the repair center said, go online and find the parts diagram. Then tell me what to order. My parts diagram was nowhere to be found on the ridgid website.

On tuesday I called the ridgid customer service line, and told them that I am EXTREMELY disappointed with their service. I told her the story, she apologized and said she is going to ship out the right part to my home. Why they didn't do that right off the bat is beyond me. Basically I got the 3 week run-around for nothing.

I still like some ridgid tools, but customer service is non-existent in my area. I think the product line is very good now, and competitively priced, but the warranty doesn't stand for much.

Comment

I feel your pain!

I dont care how competitively priced a tool is...It can be free, but if it doesnt work it still does me no good.

Im going to buy RidgidToolsSuck.com and start an anti-ridgid movement.

You would think at least one guy at Ridgid would read these forums and reply with some small tidbit of help for us who cant get Ridgid service. Im convinced they really are clueless to how bad their customer service is.
                  Last edited by SiXGuN; 10-10-2007, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by l_bilyk View Post
                    He said he doesn't want to do any Ridgid warranty claims because they just lowered what they pay out for repairs. They also refused to pay him what they owed him under the old rate, so he was paid about 10 grand less than what he anticipated.
                    This could be why Ridgid service centers are getting fewer and far between.

Ern

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
                      Over the years I have returned several items to Home Depot that were damaged and asked for a replacement without a receipt after the ninety day period. In fact I can not remember a single instance of being turned down. I will confess that in most cases I have implied that I have had the tool for less than ninety days and can't "locate" the receipt. I have only used this procedure in asking for a tool replacement, never a refund.
                      I am always polite and calm and explain the problem and ask if they can help by replacing the tool. I usually go to the tool department because sometimes the problem is chronic and they are aware of a "silent recall" by the manufacturer. Often the tool dept. person will take a new tool and walk me to customer service and explain that they should swap out the new for broken old tool.
                      As a previous poster noted, it's important to realise that the HD people didn't make the problem item and if they are treated as you would want to be treated they will usually do alot to help.
                      I worked on an complicated outdoor wiring project that kept changing as I went along. I had to run back to HD to a bunch of times to get this fitting or that. When I got done I had piles full of fittings and adapters. I forgot about them till about 3 years later. Thought, what the heck. Gathered 'em up and brought them to HD with me...no receipt. The returns lady very nicely credited me for them. Ended up with a $200 store credit.

Another time I brought back an outdoor light bought 4 years earlier. Actually didn't plan on returning it. Dropped some stuff off at the Salvation Army and was planning on doing the same with the light but they wouldn't take anything that required installation. My next stop was HD so I figured....hmmm....wonder if they would still take this back. Expecting that they wouldn't even have it in their system anymore and it would be a bust. I had paid $85 bucks for it and got back $60 because it had gone on sale.

On another occasion the I brought back had been discounted to 1 penny. After they close out an item the return value, without receipt, is only a penny. That is understandable and completely fair in my book because they aren't going to be able to re shelf it very readily.

So, from a returns standpoint I'm pretty happy with the local HD. There are other things they do that frustrate the cr_p out of me, but returns aren't it. In fact, their very fair returns policy is one of the things that keeps me as a HD customer and has me generally choosing them over the local Lowes I pass on the way to HD.
                      Last edited by Disaster; 10-11-2007, 07:25 AM.

Comment

obviously youre not a ridgid person. if u were u would know that ther is a life time service warrenty. just because the handle fell off dosent mean its a pile. ive been using ridgid tools 4, 6 years now, and the only problem ive had is the charger 4 my drill. and that is becaues the power kept getting cut off. so please give them a second chance

Comment

Good news. I finally got the part in the mail yesterday. It only took 3 weeks and 2 days to resolve my problem

Now if I did finish work for a living I would have been pretty darn pissed off.

Comment

What I have to say from another post.
                            http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...?t=5846&page=6
                            Last edited by bob bridgewater; 10-14-2007, 03:38 AM.
                            =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                            Be safe out there folks
                            Bob B
                            =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

Originally posted by innovativetile View Post
                              obviously youre not a ridgid person. if u were u would know that ther is a life time service warrenty. just because the handle fell off dosent mean its a pile. ive been using ridgid tools 4, 6 years now, and the only problem ive had is the charger 4 my drill. and that is becaues the power kept getting cut off. so please give them a second chance
                              A "Life Time Service Warranty" is useless if there isnt a Service Center in your city. Such as here in Phoenix AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by SiXGuN View Post
                                A "Life Time Service Warranty" is useless if there isnt a Service Center in your city. Such as here in Phoenix AZ.
                                SixGun you have 12 posts on this forum to date and ALL 12 have been to bad mouth Ridgid Customer Service.

It's time you built a bridge and got over it already.

Comment

Working...
                                X