X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid sucks

I'm starting to wonder if SixGun is or is related to Sylvin.

Comment

Re: Ridgid sucks ... can't be worse than Bosch !!!

After my own Ridgid issues, I tried to register my new Bosch Jigsaw online ... the form did not transmit yesterday or today ... the URL is not working. I called Bosch and they said to try in a few days .... only my 'worthless' time to recomplete the long form each time, right ??? Then I called Customer Service to get clarification on their $20 Oct 2007 Rebate ..... she told me to contact the online dealer where the form was made available .... after 10 deep breaths I told her that the rebate form had Bosch logos all over it and had nothing to do with the dealer. I wanted clarification that I could buy the 'bare tool' only and receive the rebate. There is absolutely no hint of anything saying otherwise on the form. She checked and told me that the bare tool was probably not included. I asked for Bosch Tool Corporate phone number and pushed the Customer Service choice .... got back to the same 'outsource' people. Called back (long distance) again and dialed for the Operator. I asked for Corporate Marketing and got a lady's voicemail. She was on vacation and provided another lady's extension. I called again and got that lady's voicemail. I called again (long distance) and the Operator extension just plays music. I called two more times and the Operator never picked up .... just 'on-hold' music. That is Bosch Power Tool Headquarters 'professionalism' ??????

I KNOW ..... the Litheon tools are probably fine ..... BUT GUESS WHAT ??? ... I'm NOT buying them with that pathetic experience trying to reach a human being at Bosch with a functioning brain !!! Maybe the Ridgid situation needs to be revisited in a more positive light ???? .... I can't say, but I can at least talk to people there !!!!!

Go Ridgid !!

Tom B

Comment

I've read bad things about getting a hold of Bosch too.

However, some of their tools are, arguably, best in class and they have a very good durability history. They were the first (and possibly only) company that I recall actually advertising that their cordless tools could withstand a fall from a ladder. In comparison I've read of Hitachi drills snapping at the handle when dropped from waist height.

Comment

Really? I had bosch bend over backwards for me. Seems like that's the general consensus on woodnet forums.

The 5-foot drop is all marketing though. One rep told me about the time the drill actually broke after the drop and made them look stupid. Freak accident, but most tools are probably ok for a 5 foot drop. Still, the tools are very well built for the most part. I have been very happy with every bosch tool I own, and I have quite a few.

Comment

Originally posted by l_bilyk View Post
            Really? I had bosch bend over backwards for me. Seems like that's the general consensus on woodnet forums.

The 5-foot drop is all marketing though. One rep told me about the time the drill actually broke after the drop and made them look stupid. Freak accident, but most tools are probably ok for a 5 foot drop. Still, the tools are very well built for the most part. I have been very happy with every bosch tool I own, and I have quite a few.
            That is funny. Reminds me of the movie, Napolean Dynamite, where the kid trys to show how tough a tupperware bowl is by driving over it. It shatters and he just keeps driving...right off...

I've gotta admit my first tool "crush" was for Bosch. That got me hooked and I bought quite a few more. I never had one die on me...but I did finally realize that Bosch doesn't automatically make the best of everything.

Comment

That not too far from the truth... they make a few tools that are not that good, the finecut saw for example. Other than than that, they would probably place in the top 3 with everything they make. The SCMS mounted
              to the MS-UV that this thread is about is actually a bosch.

Comment

[quote=l_bilyk;99027]Really? I had bosch bend over backwards for me. Seems like that's the general consensus on woodnet forums.

quote] WellHell, 90% of Woodnet are experts that bash Ridgid. Now I know this whole thread can be laughed off as a joke!
                info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Bosch is now advertising a "Fix it in 5 days or it's free" policy. That is refreshing to see. That would suggest you could expect fast warranty work as well. Ridgid should take a cue from them and adopt a policy like this. It WILL build a loyal following.

Read about it here, a great website to see new tools.

http://www.toolmonger.com/

Comment

5 days or less is for paying repair customers. That also means that free warrenty repairs must wait for the paid jobs to get done first. Plain old economics!!!!!
                    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

always important to read the fine print. Unfortunately it would be a hard promise to make when you go outside of a factory service model. A lot of the problems occur on a site to site basis. Some get the best service they have ever had and some have a horrible experience. The challenge is fixing the horribles.

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
                        5 days or less is for paying repair customers. That also means that free warranty repairs must wait for the paid jobs to get done first. Plain old economics!!!!!
                        Thought about that. Wouldn't it s_ck if that were the case? If Bosch didn't think this through, and it leads to that, they will have a serious public relations problem on their hands. Lets hope they thought of that and have a contingency so it doesn't happen.

Comment

I have had a couple of simple questions resolved by Customer Service with no problem and swiftly, but, and this is not exclusive to Ridgid, online customer service for companies can most definitely be hit or miss. The ability to convey a non-combative attitude and not turn it into an adversarial situation most definitely serves you well. Today many products are manufactured by a only few companies. Those companies employ call centers to handle c.serv. warranty questions and repair. My experience with customer service online is 50/50 at best. When there is a problem that seems not to remedy itself, send a certified letter. Letters are taken in a totally different perspective. Sending a letter while more involved, has always yielded a proper resolution for me.

As an observation, regarding service centers , I had two batteries replaced under the 3 year warranty. I had to call to see if they ever came in, it was close to a month and they had in fact arrived, but, no one called me. That was OK, as I had other drills to use and the service center people were very pleasant to work with; but, they probably should have called me in following proper protocol. Also, while I do a lot of things around my home I do not use these tools for a living, so perhaps they should have a better system in place for notifying customers that warranty parts are in.
                          Last edited by tjw; 10-21-2007, 01:29 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Some of you guys are bigger goof ball's than I thought!~!!
                            I am so tired of wasting my time, reading on RIDGID SUCKS.
                            This is what time it is!!!!!
                            There are to many nothinghings out here that think they know it at all about RIDGID tools.
                            I bet half of you that ride RIDGID are folks that dont even use hand and power tools every working day.
                            And the other half are stuck on Bosch or DeWalt.

Well my last "laff" is on all the bashers. My RIDGID cordless kit was fixed for me, at almost 3 years. It had some very good workout's in the time. I was honored in the RIDGID Center I went to. Three brand new batteries, and a fixed drill.

I really wish your ignorance would not put you in a place to judge a man that uses all kinds cordless and power tools every working day
                            =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                            Be safe out there folks
                            Bob B
                            =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

Working...
                            X