X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid sucks

The handle that secures the wings on my MSUV just broke. First time I used it ever. Cheap chinese junk! And customer service hung up on me.

Re: Ridgid sucks

Originally posted by l_bilyk View Post
    The handle that secures the wings on my MSUV just broke. First time I used it ever. Cheap chinese junk! And customer service hung up on me.
    Jeez, I wonder why? You seem to have such a nice disposition. They are people too, and they are not the ones responsible for your problem, but they are there to help solve or resolve it as best they can. Maybe if you treated them like human beings instead of insulting them (Assumption on my part based on your sunny disposition on the forum so far), they might have been able to help. I doubt there is anything in their hiring agreement that says they have to put up with abusive callers.

I understand you are (or were) upset with the MSUV when the handle broke, I had a problem with mine too (previous model, totally unrelated to yours) that took a couple tries to get straightened out, and I was very disappointed when it happened. But I waited a while before I called into CS and by then I had calmed down to where I could rationally and intelligently relay the problem and they were very helpful.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

wow this just amazes me that 7 out of you 9 posts are so negitive, i have an idea that might work for you. either ask your question or make your commint just a tad less nasty, or kick rocks and just go with another brand that will give you this much or more trouble, and since you seem to like de worthless so much might i add just buy there tools and leave ours alone.

thank you come again
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Re: Ridgid sucks NOT

That is one thing about this company I never found. When I called the area manager he responded and when I called Tim Smith in Ohio again never a problem and when I called tech services the people where highly skilled and very professional to deal with.

When they didn't know an answer (very rare) they did call me back.

Tim gave me some really great pointers how to get the most out of my Jetters

Comment

How do you figure 7 out of 9 posts are negative? This is the first negative post, and it's justified. I'm the victim in this situation. I'll start from the top....

I called customer service, waited on hold for half an hour and got disconnected. Second time I called back, they want the serial number. I don't have it because ridgid painted their chinese MS-UV's in this rough silver paint that stickers don't stick to. If you have one then you know what I am talking about. I wrote it down in the manual so eventually I found it. So I call back, only to have the girl tell me she can't help me and that I should call parts. Great... why didn't they tell me that at the start?

So I called parts and they wanted to charge me money, after keeping me on hold for another 20 minutes. I said it's under warranty so they told me I have to take it to a service center. He of course couldn't located locate the service center and I had to call yet another number. Are you keeping track of how much time has been wasted? At least these guys were quick to answer. So now I have to drag my MS-UV to a repair shop and leave it there for repairs.

Just a point of comparison, I accidentally broke a part on a bosch tool once. It took one phone call and they shipped the the part for free, even though I told them it was 100% my fault. Now THAT'S customer service. I'm starting to wonder what good is ridgid's warranty when you can't get service?

Comment

Bob, mine is the previous model as well. But it's almost brand new! My old man has the old old US-made MSUV. The grey one with orange knobs. That one is great... it's like night and day compared to mine. The welds on mine look like they were done by a blind guy with epilepsy - crooked with weld splatter everywhere.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I have, the older Grey model. I don't remember if it was made here or abroad though.

Sounds like you got run around a bit, and that is very frustrating I know. If its a recent purchase and you have a workmanship issue they should be working a little harder (in my opinion) to get you fixed up.

But no matter what you issue is (or who the company is you are dealing with), most could do a lot better at handling these type of problems. They could, it just there is little return (monetarily that is) for the investment made on their part (the way the bean counters see it anyway).
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I'm just happy to hear you get an english speaking American with Ridgids CS.

Comment

Sylvan,the ridgid you talk to is the real ridgid,there great,they handle all the threading and drain machine problems.the ridgid for the wood working tools and the cordless is ryobi in south carolina.
                  A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

All you have to do take the thing back to Home Depot. They dont need it taken apart, or the original packaging. Show them whats wrong with it, and they will give you a new one. Big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruudacguy View Post
                      All you have to do take the thing back to Home Depot. They dont need it taken apart, or the original packaging. Show them whats wrong with it, and they will give you a new one. Big deal.
                      How about without a receipt?

Comment

Ruudacguy (and anyone else),

You have 90 days from date of purchase to return any Ridgid tool that you are not happy with (broken or otherwise). However, they won't do anything without a receipt. If you've lost your receipt, but can identify the exact date and store at which the purchase was made, the Customer Service desk should be able to assist you in getting a new receipt from the Atlanta office.

If it's beyond 90 days, the store has no responsibility at all toward refunding, repairing, or anything else. I know there have been several posts suggesting that the store will honor a warranty or service issue; but if so, that is a rare store indeed. Normally Home Depot does not handle issues beyond the 90-day "Satisfaction" return policy offered by Ridgid.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                          I'm just happy to hear you get an english speaking American with Ridgids CS.

I'm online with Dell CS right now! He even types with an accent. The guy nows his stuff though and he is sending me a part...

Four Years Out Of Warranty!

When dealing with CS, as a rule I use Sugar and not $h*t

Ern

Comment

Originally posted by l_bilyk View Post
                            Just a point of comparison, I accidentally broke a part on a bosch tool once. It took one phone call and they shipped the the part for free, even though I told them it was 100% my fault. Now THAT'S customer service. I'm starting to wonder what good is ridgid's warranty when you can't get service?
                            I had a very good encounter with Bosch customer support as well.
                            - djb
                            sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Comment

Originally posted by erngum View Post
                              When dealing with CS, as a rule I use Sugar and not $h*t
                              LOL! That's great. And true.
                              - djb
                              sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Comment

Working...
                              X