Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridgid twin-stack aluminum compressor (OL50135AL)...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid twin-stack aluminum compressor (OL50135AL)...

I've read the information page and the owner's manual online, and I cannot find complete specifications for this machine.

Does anyone have the actual weight of the compressor?

Also, what is the decibel rating?

It's absurd that the people at Ridgid don't include this information on the product page or in the owner's manual.
    So many saws, so few fingers...

Re: Ridgid twin-stack aluminum compressor (OL50135AL)...

Hi Lee I don't have the weight but I asked Ridgid about 1 year ago for the db. rating and was told 86-88 db. The Makita Mac2400 is rated at 79 db. That's a huge difference. every 3 db increase is double the noise level.

Comment

The weight of the compressor is 57 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by ballistic bob View Post
        Hi Lee I don't have the weight but I asked Ridgid about 1 year ago for the db. rating and was told 86-88 db. The Makita Mac2400 is rated at 79 db. That's a huge difference. every 3 db increase is double the noise level.
        I would be careful with these numbers. I have not seen the specs for either tool however its important to compare apples to apples. Were they both measured at the same distance and by machines adjusted to the same ratio criteria?
        As I understand it a 3db increase is a doubling of energy which is not the same as doubling the noise produced.
        See here for futher clarification: http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu.../sound/db.html

Comment

Sorry you are right Roadrashray it has been a long time since i looked at the info a 3db increase does double the sound energy and cut the exposure time in half according to the Canadian Hearing Society.

Comment

Working...
          X