X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD has a PC air tool package on sale

Stopped by today and saw that they have a PC air tool set for $289. it includes a NC stapler, an 18g brad nailer and a 16g strait finish nailer. Also included is a 6 gallon semi-pancake 90 psi compressor, 20 feet of hose and a carrying bag. Seems like a pretty good deal to me as the price for the three air tools purchased individually exceeds the package price.

Re: HD has a PC air tool package on sale

I got that kit some time ago for that same price. It was supposed to be a sale price but they've never really raised it. You are right though, the cost of the three nailers alone is more than that. You basically end up getting a free compressor and 40' hose plus some nails.

Comment

How have you liked the nailers? I got a Ridgid 15g angled nailer about a month and a half ago and I was gong to pick up the Ridgid stapler and maybe the brad nailer. Now I am thinking of taking it back and getting the PC set. I like the swivel connection on the Ridgids, but that is a low cost add-on to the PC. I note that the Ridgid brad nailer will use a much longer brad compared to the PC. IIRC the Ridgid will go up to 2 1/4", but the PC only goes to 1 1/4" or something like that. Also the Ridgids (stapler and brad nailer) are oiless. I don't think the PCs are. Thoughts on which way to go? BTW this equipment is just for around the house DIY stuff.
      Last edited by NavyBuck; 09-20-2007, 02:20 PM.

Comment

I've seen these package deals before and often wondered if the nail guns are actually the same guns as are offered for sale by themselves or something different made just for the package combo. I don't mean to imply that the guns are not good quality but maybe the mfg. cuts a corner here or there on these guns to keep the cost down. In this case, does PC actually list the separate model numbers of the guns included with the combo or just list a general description of the guns included? Again, I'm just curious and don't mean to question this deal at all.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I didn't write them down to bring home, but they did list the model numbers on the box and in each case they were the same model numbers as the separate tools HD had on display. So based on model numbers at least, the package has the same tools.

Comment

Looking on HD's website, they have a PC combo kit for $279, but that does NOT include the stapler. So for ten bucks more I can get at my local HD a kit with three tools. In addition, they have an instant free nail deal, which gives you 5000 1 1/4 brads, 2500 2" finishing and 5000 1/4' staples when you buy the 3 tool kit.

Comment

I'm not a huge nailgun user. I just use them for some woodworking and even then I try to avoid using nails as much as possible, but i've found them to perform just great. They sink nails consistantly just as I'd like and thats really all I care about. The PC guns do require oiling but this is such a minor maintenence procedure I don't think it matters. They are exactly the same guns/model # in the retail individual packages. Only thing is you don't get the individual hardcases. Only a soft bag to store them in. All three fit fine inside the bag with room for more. As you noted one thing to consider is the maximum nail length. The kit comes with the smaller brad and stapler. The brad nailer only goes to 1 1/4" and the stapler to 1" long. I think there used to be combos that had the larger versions that take 2" brads and 1 1/2" stapler. I also have a Dewalt 2" brad nailer but still prefer the smaller PC 1 1/4 nailer if I don't need to use the longer nails as its easier to handle and more comfortable in tight spots. The kit also includes a 1000 pack of 1 1/4' brads, 1" staples, and 2" 16g finish nails.

Comment

I bought the same kit some time back and guns have worked great. I also called the number in the books for the guns and PC sent me the contact triggers for them free. They do not come with contact triggers so bump and go nailing can not be done until you change the triggers.
                SSG, U.S. Army
                Retired
                K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Looking at Porter Cables site it looks like the combo including the larger capacity brad nailer and stapler is no longer offered. The only one offered is with a single 2" brad and compressor. I've seen this combo for $189 before but right now the only one they had at HD was with the 1 1/4 brad nailer.

Comment

Working...
                  X