X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware of Reconditionned Tools

I just got a reconditionned Ridgid TS2400 table saw from HD internet sale. My understanding of reconditionned tools is that it could have minor scratch but the product should be in functional working conditions.

The table saw table that I got is so warped that it is useless. The fence does not slide and clamp properly. It appears to me that this table was warped like this from day one from factory (not an accident in shipping).

I contacted HD and they told me that all the sale are final for reconditionned tools. I do not have any recourse except that of sending the table saw for warranty repair.

I understood this rule prior my purchase but I did not think that gives them the right of sending 120 pounds of non-useable junk.

Leo
    Attached Files

Re: Beware of Reconditionned Tools

Sorry to hear about your troubles, maybe they will let you take it to a local H.D. and get things squared up. Call again and B!tch like a banshee..........

Sometimes it takes getting the right person........

Or better yet call back and be super polite and you'll actually get some where with them.........
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Reconditioned means put back to factory specs and factory specs does not mean a warped table. I would say that they can claim all day long that sales of reconditioned tools are final but if the saw didn't arrive in "reconditioned" shape then you have every right to refuse to pay for it. Contact your credit card company and have them charge HD back for this charge. If you used your HD card then challenge the charge with them. If the saw arrived with a warped top then its pretty obvious it wasn't reconditioned now was it?
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I agree, a reconditioned product is supposed to meet all standards and specs as a new and properly functional tool. Your saw clearly can not be considered functional so I would get on the phone and raise some hell.

Comment

I am disappointed with the QA (Quality Assurance) of RIDGID. They did put many QA stickers on all the accessories to make sure that they are all included. However, I do not think that they checked if the saw meet spec.

It appears to me that this SAW may have been returned because of this problem. It look like it has never been used.

In the mean time, I ajusted the front and back track that support the fence to the max height. With this setting the fence is working properly (just clearing the high spot on the right). I also found out that there are two RIDGID service centers not far from my home (Atlanta). I need the SAW right now for a home project. After this project is completed (one month from now), I will take it to the service center and let them fix it (replace the table). Except for the warp table, it is nice SAW for the price.

Thanks for your suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by mont View Post
            I am disappointed with the QA (Quality Assurance) of RIDGID. They did put many QA stickers on all the accessories to make sure that they are all included. However, I do not think that they checked if the saw meet spec.

It appears to me that this SAW may have been returned because of this problem. It look like it has never been used.

In the mean time, I ajusted the front and back track that support the fence to the max height. With this setting the fence is working properly (just clearing the high spot on the right). I also found out that there are two RIDGID service centers not far from my home (Atlanta). I need the SAW right now for a home project. After this project is completed (one month from now), I will take it to the service center and let them fix it (replace the table). Except for the warp table, it is nice SAW for the price.

Thanks for your suggestions
            I'd take it in ..unused
            Sam

Comment

One time I purchased a refurb X2 kit and received a total dud. The sawzall looked like it had been left outside because all the metal was corroded and the blade clamp was seized. The drill was covered in glue. I did not have any trouble getting a refund though.

Another time I bought a refurbished dewalt router and the fixed base had a hairline crack in it that they missed.

I have also purchased a dewalt belt sander and a dewalt framing saw as refurbs and received new tools (the brushes had not even been seated on these).

Comment

Originally posted by mont View Post
                I just got a reconditionned Ridgid TS2400 table saw from HD internet sale. My understanding of reconditionned tools is that it could have minor scratch but the product should be in functional working conditions.

The table saw table that I got is so warped that it is useless. The fence does not slide and clamp properly. It appears to me that this table was warped like this from day one from factory (not an accident in shipping).

I contacted HD and they told me that all the sale are final for reconditionned tools. I do not have any recourse except that of sending the table saw for warranty repair.

I understood this rule prior my purchase but I did not think that gives them the right of sending 120 pounds of non-useable junk.

Leo
                its just one of those risks..

Comment

It's a matter of both the dealer and who is claiming to be doing the reconditioning work. A dishonest dealer can make up stickers and put them on a box full of real junk. A good dealer will only obtain reconditioned tools from either a factory owned and run service center or do their own reconditioning work using OE parts and with well trained techs doing the work. I have a bad feeling some of this stuff never made it to a tool repair shop at all. Someone returned it messed up and it was put in a nice box and then sold. By all means raise hell if being nice at first doesn't work. If you must take it to small claims court.

For what this is worth I have purchased several "Real Thing" reconditioned power tools over the years and all of them were fine. I got them from very well known tool dealers and they got them from factory service centers with papers to show proof of when, where and who had worked on the tools. Other than a few scratches and special branding marks on the tools, they were just like new and worked like new.

Where are these no good so called Ridgid reconditioned tools coming from?
                  Last edited by Woussko; 09-26-2007, 01:09 AM.

Comment

I got it from Home Depot Internet sale. I decided to keep it because I need it right now. After some adjustment to the fence rails, it is usable. It is now working correctly except that the main table is warped on the far right corner. Last weekend I went to my local HD to see the floor sample of this saw. That one was perfectly flat.

So after I finished this job, I am taking it to the local service center to have them replace the main table. I have a 1 Y warranty.

Comment

Working...
                    X