new motor brushes for wet/dry vac?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new motor brushes for wet/dry vac?

I bought the 4 gallon Rigid wet/dry vac (wd4050) about two months ago. It has had a fairly light work load since then but today I noticed that it sounded different than usual. It sounded as though there were a slight grinding noise coming from within the motor. I opened it up and found that the copper wire going into the one brush was almost completely severed. The wires are severed right where they enter the brush so I have no way of reliably reconnecting them that I know of. The brushes come out very easily but I've spent over an hour online already trying to find replacements without any luck.
    Does anyone have any ideas on where I could find a new pair? And if not, would anyone happen to know who actually manufactures the motor for the wd5040?
    Thank you!

Re: new motor brushes for wet/dry vac?

You might try to match them with some on this web site. As best as I know the Ridgid vacuum cleaner motors are made by Emerson Electric, but my bet is over in China. When I've needed motor parts they always want to sell a head assembly or the whole motor-fan assembly. Helwig Carbon makes a good many carbon motor brushes and brush assemblies so you may have some luck finding something you can work with. Good luck
    http://www.helwigcarbon.com/

Comment

Originally posted by brendanh View Post
      I bought the 4 gallon Rigid wet/dry vac (wd4050) about two months ago.
      Ridgid vacs have a lifetime warranty (not just the lifetime service agreement).

Call the number listed on the online warranty page. I would not tell them you took it apart. Hopefully they will give you a service order for your vac. Here is the webpage:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/RIDGID-W...anty/index.htm

Hope this helps,

Edit: you also have a 90 day satisfaction guaranty. Maybe HD will take it back or exchange it. Its worth a try to get same-day service.
      Ern
      Ern
      Last edited by erngum; 09-22-2007, 01:56 AM.

Comment

This would be covered under their warranty. Sounds like a manufacturers defect and that is covered.

Comment

Working...
        X