X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old tools and a couple thoughts

Today I was using my old Milwaukee portaband..the cord was gettin a bit old and stiff and being a bit tired at the time i swung it so it cut its cord.So that set me to thinking a bit..I think this is the 4th time I replaced the cord on it,its on its second switch and brush set..3rd or so set of guide rollers and tires..I'd guess its about 22 years old.Oh yea an theres a bit broke off the casting that holds the idler wheel.This thing lived thru 2 years of hard construction in a sea sand site then another 6 years in general construction the rest only as personal hard usage.Off hand I'd say its paid for itself many times over.Now I've used the milwaukee the portercable and greenlee brands and prefer the mil for its qualities..tho the pc sure is nice to use in tight spots..the greenlee is flat too heavy.
    I have an old 1/2'' holeshooter too..3 cords it still runs fine and the sawzall.Now the sawzall has had about 3 sets of gears in it and a couple cords and switches.I have an holehawg too thats still runnin fine.My skill 77 is close to 30 years old..2 replacement switches 1 set of brushes uncounted cords replaced.
    So my thoughts are buying good tools is near an lifetime investment..geez and I'm only near 53 lol
    Sam

Re: Old tools and a couple thoughts

It's pretty simple. "Quality only cost more until put into use. Then it costs far less than buying junk."

Comment

Good german,american,swiss,and japanese tools are a investment!!!!The professional chinese stuff I'm not so sure about. I believe build quality was better years ago too!!!!Seems to me everytime a new model is introduced it is made cheaper and cheaper!!!
      You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Akita View Post
        Good german,american,swiss,and japanese tools are a investment!!!!The professional chinese stuff I'm not so sure about. I believe build quality was better years ago too!!!!Seems to me everytime a new model is introduced it is made cheaper and cheaper!!!
        and its going to be a lot more cheaper tools that are made in china and very poor quality..

Comment

Working...
        X