Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a very specific tool

Hello,

I'm looking for a very specific tool.

Unfortunately, the name I remember it having makes it a very hard tool to search for the internet. The name as I remember it was "Sawsall". I might be and hope that I am completely wrong on the name though.

It was kind of a jigsaw on spindal. Imagine a jigsaw that you drag instead of push. The body of the tool lays flat on the work surface. At the front of the tool are two knob handles on either side of the blade. The blade is set just off center of the spindal, so that as you drag the tool to one side or the other, the blade turns and follows.

The idea of this tool is so that you can do intricate scroll saw style work in large pieces that would normally never fit in a scroll saw.

Does anyone know what this is? If anyone still makes them? Where I can get one?

Thank you,

Gopal

Re: Looking for a very specific tool

Have you looked seriously at the Roto-Zip tools? I think with a small diameter bit in one you should be able to do this type of work pretty well after some practice.
    http://www.rotozip.com/SiteLanding_Page.htm
    Last edited by Woussko; 09-27-2007, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Well sawzall is milwaukee's trademark name for a reciprocating saw, but that doesn't sound anything like what you are refering to. I honestly can't think of what tool it is you are looking for. Sounds interesting though. But wouldn't a jigsaw accomplish the same task? After all thats really its purpose, taking the scroll saw to the workpiece.
      Last edited by Velosapien; 09-27-2007, 09:00 AM.

Comment

It almosts sounds like you are looking for a scrolling jig saw. Sears has several of them under the Craftsmsn name.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Not sure if this will show properly, but here is a crude drawing of the tool I'm looking for.

Click image for larger version

Name:	86f36ad47820e6ac9ceacd5bd10c27b8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	1977

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            It almosts sounds like you are looking for a scrolling jig saw. Sears has several of them under the Craftsmsn name.

Mark
            what, are the plumbers now the wood working experts

i have a scrolling saber saw and that's what it is

i think the name "sawzall" threw the rest. a sawzall is a reciprocating saw, made by milwaukee tool.

i guess the plumbing forum is slow

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X