X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxaw blades

I have an old 6-1/2 inch Wappat maxaw circular saw. The blade has a square 1/2 inch hole. Are blades available with this arbor size ??

I also need a blade for a 1952 Guild 6 inch saw - it takes a 6 inch dia only and I can't find one that size (only 6.5 and the usual 7-1/4).

Re: Maxaw blades

I can't help you on the Wappat question but Freud makes some 6" blades.

1. Model D0620X 20T ATB 18° hook angle
    2. Model D0640X 40T ATB 18° hook angle
    3. Model LU72M006 24T ATB 13° hook angle
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

On the 1/2" square hole blades you might try signing up for the forum part of this site http://www.owwm.com/ and ask about them. The other choice would be doing some machining (Watch heat as you don't want to de-temper the blade) and go from there. A 4 sided file can help there if you can start with a blade that has a 1/2" round hole.

For the 6" blade for the Guild saw what hole does it need to have?

Freud is a good company to check and another to check might be Oldham as they have a large blade selection.
      http://www.oldham-usa.com/Products/S.../SteelMain.htm (Try this and check out each type for size specs)
      Last edited by Woussko; 10-02-2007, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the information - the 6 inch blade for the Guild will need a 1/2 inch dia hole (standard) so I'll check out the Frued blades.

For the Wappat - perhaps I can get a standard blade w/1/2 inch hole and cut it to square with a metal cutting blade in the jigsaw ??

Comment

I bought a standard carbide blade (Dewalt) and tried to "nick" the 1/2 inch dia hole square with a metal cutting blade on the jigsaw - little to my surprise the whole center section popped out - was a diamond (didn't even notice that). Is there anyone who makes arbor adaptors/spacers/washers/bushings for these kind of situations ??

Comment

Originally posted by henry novak View Post
            I bought a standard carbide blade (Dewalt) and tried to "nick" the 1/2 inch dia hole square with a metal cutting blade on the jigsaw - little to my surprise the whole center section popped out - was a diamond (didn't even notice that). Is there anyone who makes arbor adaptors/spacers/washers/bushings for these kind of situations ??
            You could try this..put the center back in an stake it in like 4 places with a good steel center punch..then try an abrasive blade ,not a regular metal blade, Likely the metal in the jigsaw blade is about as hard as the circular saw blade.Try a Remington abrasive blade those things cut about anything a bit of wd-40 when cutting might help too.Pretty much anything you do by hand tho might make the hole off center..id try it anyway if it was me.Different bushings are made so try checking a bigger saw sharpening shop
            Sam

Comment

Working...
            X