Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My jigsaw quit! Huge price range and ....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My jigsaw quit! Huge price range and ....

I went back to HD and thoroughly reviewed the jigsaws on my short list and purchased the Bosch 1590. The combination of Forum inputs, some help at HD from the Pro Desk, and my own set of factors made the Bosch a solid choice. I know I will enjoy using this fine tool and I appreciate sincerely the help from you Forum members.

Best regards,
    Tom B

<P.S.> Used the new Bosch this afternoon for a couple hours. Really classy tool and huge improvement over my old one.
    Last edited by doubtingtom; 10-05-2007, 09:03 PM. Reason: P.S.

Comment

Re: HELP !! .... I'm a jigsaw klutz !!

Originally posted by doubtingtom View Post
      I went back to HD and thoroughly reviewed the jigsaws on my short list and purchased the Bosch 1590. I appreciate sincerely the help from you Forum members. ........

Best regards,
      Tom B

<P.S.> Used the new Bosch this afternoon for a couple hours. Really classy tool and huge improvement over my old one.
      EDIT .... Moving this to new thread due to very different issue.

BUT !!! .... one day later .... I am really having trouble using this new jigsaw and could use some help. My old Skil jigsaw was a fairly inexpensive one and old enough that many of today's safety features, etc., were not present. I could see clearly the front of the blade when cutting and could do a decent job with long, straight cuts.

Right now, I am installing lots of trim pieces on three large composite (ChoiceDek) decks. These boards are quite pricey and I already had some really crooked cuts which may cause these pieces to be discarded. The cuts were straight, the material is either 3/4" thick or 1 1/4" thick, and I consider it to be 'soft'. When I am cutting, either rip or crosscut, I cannot see where the (Bosch 1590EVSK) blade is and I'm also having trouble learning how to pick a 'sight line' using some feature on the front of the jigsaw. When I raised this issue with one of the knowledgeable guys at the HD pro desk, he acknowledged my observations but said that found the DeWalt and Ridgid jigsaws even 'wider' appearing at the front and even harder to 'aim' than the Bosch ..... meaning that he did not see a benefit in a possible exchange for one of them.

Do you have any tips for me that will help me avoid an impulsive decision to return the 1590 and try to find another solution? I know some of you can use these saws like an artist with a paint brush so I must assume that I am the problem.

Tom B
      Last edited by doubtingtom; 10-07-2007, 12:08 PM. Reason: move to new thread

Comment

Working...
      X