X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help w/MSUV (AC99940) gas pump

Hi, I have a Rigid MSUV (AC99401) and when I received it the metal brackets used to hold in place the gas pump broke. I was able to call up Rigid an have a new pump delivered.

My problem is I cannot seem to be able to compress the pump to properly screw it back onto the stand!

Do anyone have an idea on how to easily (and safely compress it?!)
    Last edited by krazykanuck; 11-13-2007, 09:07 PM.

Re: Help w/MSUV (AC99940) gas pump

just out of curiosity, shouldn't the service center fix it for you?

Just wondering if i will have to do my own repairs if something broke, is'nt that what that service agreement, warranty, is for?

sorry, don't really have a good answer, just questions. There should be a compressor for it you could rent like the ones they use to compress springs for car suspensions.

Comment

theysentyouapartforfree?

sorrymyspacebarbroke

Comment

I had the same problem with mine. You will not be able to hand compress the pump. I did this by myself and I was nervous because it looked kind of dangerous the way I did it. I stood the stand up like I was going to use and then hooked one end to the table. I used a long flat head screwdriver to compress the pump and slid the pin through once I got it close. This would have been much easier with some help but I was determined to do it by myself. It didn't take long, about 15 minutes, because it kept popping out once I would get close. I am sure there is a better way but this way worked and it didn't require a bunch of tools that I don't already own, just a screwdriver.....

Comment

William at Ridgid's service department was very helpful for me.
          The gas spring was on back order, but recieved replacement in 3 days.
          Yes, it was FREE.
          It was about 1/2" shorter the original one.
          The pressure is 260lbs.
          I had to do the same thing Kev Dog did.
          SCBOB

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone. I'll try my local service department if I can't pry it in myself..

Comment

Working...
            X