X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "bulldog"

My brother ran electric to his garage. He wanted me to use my Bosch 11224 "bulldog" rotary hammer to drive thre ground stake 6 feet in the ground. I had my doubts but he instisted he saw it done. We chucked the 1/2" chuck into the sds holder on the rotary. The chuck had to be left all the way open. Grounding bar barely fit in it. I ,and the wife for that matter,were amazed that my bulldog wallked ever so slowly(about a 2 ft a minute for 1st 3 feet then a ft a minute for last 3 ft.) the grounding bar into the ground. It didn't "grunt" ,as woussko calls it, it groaned. We also used the "hammer" feature to chisel(using wood chiseld) out under the roof eave a channel ,in wood above the cinder blocks, for the pipe carrying the wire and to remove a few roots in the wire trench. We also drilled a hole in the mortar for the ground wire. While they do not "hit" as hard as the "24" series Hitachis,the bosch "bulldogs" are tough as nails!!!!
    You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Re: My "bulldog"

I also was impressed with the performance of my Bulldog when I first bought it. Pounded holes on filled cinderblock and drove a few hundred 5/8" anchors in concrete. But after a fews months of that it seems to have lost it's punch. For the money I paid for it was a decent tool. It's destiny will likely end up in my tool closet graveyard that no longer perform but am unwilling to just toss out. For the record it will be the first Bosch tool to be buried there along side the mass graves of Dewalt.

Comment

i too have a bosch bulldog. it's older and doesn't have the hammer only feature. but it works great up to 7/8''. even have cored 2'' holes with it, but that was hard.

as far as driving ground rods. bosch makes a specific tool holder for that. it actually is a hollow socket that cups the ground rod. it hammers it in without rotation. i beleive it is only for the sds max. not the sds of the bulldog.

infact my bulldog is so old it still has the metal case and i had to retack the piano hinge on the case. still works great.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

plumberscrack,It's a shame your bulldog lost it's punch. Supoosedly they are among the most reliable rotaries!!!!I own one as a homeowner cause the concrete in southeastern PA is extemely hard(in my Rick Peters drill book there is a map of agregate hardness in various parts of the country).
        Last edited by Akita; 10-07-2007, 06:20 PM.
        You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

I have one of them too. It's no hilti, but it's a well built, fair priced tool

Comment

Working...
          X