X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 volt batteries

i would like to know if there is any way to change over from the old 18 vollt battery to the new lithium battery. i understand they are much better. i further would like to know if home depot is required to exchange batteries.some stores will exchange batteriesas long as i have a receipt.other stores give me a hard time even when i purchased the tool from that store and have the receipt. thanks for any info.

Re: 18 volt batteries

I could be wrong but I thought that the new batteries are backwards compatible.

And if you signed up for the lifetime warranty, the batteries are covered.
    BUT...they are marked with a serial number.
    If you are exhanging them in the store, you will not have the correct serial number and they will not be covered.

Comment

Re: 18 volt batteries

Unless you are planning to power an 18 volt tool for a shorter period of time than you normally do with your 2.5AH nicads, don't bother with the 1.5 AH lithium ions. As usual unless you want to buy the compact drill kit in order to get the charger and two lithium batteries, you will have to spend quite a bit more to buy them separately. I spoke to Ridgid customer techs today and they had no knowledge of plans to make and sell a higher(2.5 or 3.0)AH lithium battery. If you are not heavily invested in Ridgid 18 volt tools or max select, wait a few months and see what comes to the stores. Ryobi already has a much better 2.4AH lithium ion battery system and if Dewalt offers a 3.0 or higher AH lithium that backwards fits their 18 volt tools why settle for a weaker 1.5AH that Ridgid offers? Come on Ridgid get off your seats and get moving. Get powerful lithiums in an assortment of voltages 12, 14.4, 18 and 24 into the stores with optional chargers. Grow your business and satisfy the customer before someone else does.

Comment

Working...
      X