9.6v pivoting screwdriver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 9.6v pivoting screwdriver

I don't know if everyone knows this but the 9.6 volt pivot driver is now on clearance for 47.00 bucks, that's right 47.00 bucks !! the sticker says was:89.00 but I now it was 67.00 for the longest time. Unfortunately I was with my girlfriend while I tried picking it up she made sure to let me know that I already have 3 drills (all 18 volt I might add) so I didn't but will try to sneak it in tomorrow or maybe buy her a purse along with it Anyway, nows the time to pick it up as that's a great price for this drill !! I wonder if they are putting it on clearance and then coming out with another one ?.. who knows.

Comment

Ridgid parts has the battery for about $23...

Ern

Comment

Thanks for all your help guys. I really appreciate it. Just to let you know that I've also found, and have received, this battery thru Amazon.com. They show this under part # Ryobi-Ridgid 130252007. I purchased it for $26.97.
        Again, thanks for the reponse.

Comment

you coulda bought a brand new set for 47.00 brand new at Home Depot that comes with 2 batteries. Then if you get at least 20.00 for the drill and charger (probably more) on e-bay or craigslist that's 27.00 for 2 batteries (not 1). Just some insight as to how I might have done that.

Comment

Well, i initially returned the 9.6 driver, but now, @$47, its hard to resist. so i got one with 2 bats and the charger. i tried driving screws and it supported all the above comments regarding its ability. we'll see how the next 90 days goes, but it does seem to be powerful enough.
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Fate must want me to keep this driver. a HD is moving to a new location so all tools are 10% off. returned the first driver and bought a new one for $42.30.

Comment

Re: 9.6v pivoting screwdriver batteries

you would be wise to ditch the 9.6 since they(ridgid) cannot provide a place to get replacement batteries or maybe they just discontinued the 9.6 whatever ...it seams i can't find the batteries anywhere............!got any ideas...i'd appreciate it!
                great tool though!

junkyrddawg@msn.com

Comment

one year plus with this driver and you'd have to pry it out of my cold, dead hand. great for driving screws for drywalling and its torque is really impressive. too bad they don't appear to be available these days.

Comment

I too love my 9.6 Pivot Driver. I just finished building my wife's "cookbook room" and then installed several new curtain rods several other rooms of the future home. The Pivot Drive has proven to be a very worthy tool, is easy to handle, fairly light weight, and I'm impressed with the battery's longevity and torque power.

Nice feature is the narrow nose on it, which fits into more narrow spaces than the rather beefy chuck on the Ridgid 12V lithium driver. It also fits snugly into one of the storage holes in my step ladder, which is something the 12V lithium driver won't do!

Nice tool and with the LLSA, I can't imagine ever having a problem with getting a new battery for it.

CWS

Comment

Re: 9.6v pivoting screwdriver batteries

Originally posted by junkyarddawg View Post
                      you would be wise to ditch the 9.6 since they(ridgid) cannot provide a place to get replacement batteries or maybe they just discontinued the 9.6 whatever ...it seams i can't find the batteries anywhere............!got any ideas...i'd appreciate it!
                      great tool though!

junkyrddawg@msn.com
                      Don't ditch that drill, get a new batt on Ebay of course! No LSA, however you don't get it on replacement batts at the Depot either.
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/RIDGID-9-6V-BATT...3A1%7C294%3A50

Comment

yep...thought about the ebay thing but i don't think a manufacturer should have to force you to "bid" on a simple part from ebay. it appears that Dewalt does the same thing with their 9.6/7.2 equivalent dril/driver. why develope a great product and not provide a place to get replacement parts or something as simple as a battery!!!?? i never had to goto ebay for a battery when i bought makita products! i might just have to go back to buying makita. anyway thanks for responding!
                        -------------------------------------------------------------

roadrashray,

Don't ditch that drill, get a new batt on Ebay of course! No LSA, however you don't get it on replacement batts at the Depot either.

Comment

Originally posted by junkyarddawg View Post
                          yep...thought about the ebay thing but i don't think a manufacturer should have to force you to "bid" on a simple part from ebay. it appears that Dewalt does the same thing with their 9.6/7.2 equivalent dril/driver. why develope a great product and not provide a place to get replacement parts or something as simple as a battery!!!?? i never had to goto ebay for a battery when i bought makita products! i might just have to go back to buying makita. anyway thanks for responding!
                          -------------------------------------------------------------

roadrashray,

Dog.......If you read the attachment I included, you will see the battery is a "buy it now" item not a "bid" sale item. It is a simple purchase like any other online seller. I am also confident if you go to the Ridgid replacement parts link of the Ridgid web site you will find a link to purchase the 9.6V batts, however you probably won't like the price as they have a tendency to be fairly high.

Comment

Working...
                          X