X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Msuv

The old versions of the msuv are apparently being clearanced at out local HDs @$99. ANyone have any first hand experience with these? What are its primary benefits to a space challenged home workshop (1 car garage that must house a car)? WAs the old one better or worse than the new one? First hand opinions anf comments appreciated.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Re: Msuv

A Search using MSUV as the search subject will bring you a bunch of threads on both varieties. I have the older one and can't say enough good things about it. The newer version also looks like it has some very nice features that the older one doesn't have but comparing the two I'd rather have the old one myself.

The old one folds down to a very manageable size. In my case, I leave my 10" CMS attached to the MSUV even when it's folded down and the footprint is still pretty small. I usually kept the MSUV in the upright position in my basement shop but recently purchased a 6" jointer and had to make room for it. That forced me to now store the MSUV collapsed. However, I can still store the folded up MSUV and the 6" jointer in the same footprint as the upright MSUV used to take up. HTH.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I own an old style MSUV with a 10" Makita Sliding Compound Miter Saw. I like the old style enough I have even considered buying a second one to use as a portable work top for my metal cut-off saw. I have had no experience with the new style MSUV.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I also have the older one and think it is great. For the price difference I personally would go for the reduced price older model. It is as good as all the others above say. Only big feature I see out of the new model is the ability to swap out tools easily, but you need to buy extra clips. Plus I think that would be more useful for a contractor or someone on a jobsite using more than one type of tool and the easy swap would then be useful. Else I prefer the older style....
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by wwsmith View Post
          I also have the older one and think it is great. For the price difference I personally would go for the reduced price older model. It is as good as all the others above say. Only big feature I see out of the new model is the ability to swap out tools easily, but you need to buy extra clips. Plus I think that would be more useful for a contractor or someone on a jobsite using more than one type of tool and the easy swap would then be useful. Else I prefer the older style....
          Agreed. Once I got my 12" CSMS attached, it stays attached. The MSUV makes carting it around and setting it up so smooth and easy. Big thumbs up on the MSUV.

One word of caution. Be careful where you fingers are when opening and closing it lest you lose one.

Comment

Working...
          X