Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: R2600 ROS problem

My apologies Steve,

I didn't mean to "hijack" your thread. I hope you make out well with getting the problem with your 2600 sander resolved.

Kindest regards,

CWS

Comment

I apologize also for hijacking your thread. Can you tell me the proper way to respond to a thread that starts with "rant on" and ends with "rant off" so I don't do that again? Thank you.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

come on guys he is new we all put our input here and lets not start a fight over a G-D sander and lose a valuable forum member here, he had his rant as we all do from time to time, we said our peice and welcomed him to the forum and we did get off topic(witch is nothing new for us) and as a new member here he dosen't know what we are all about and is learning about us as we are to him.

those i did myself thought we were done with the topic, and were now in the free range mood that we so often go to
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          I apologize also for hijacking your thread. Can you tell me the proper way to respond to a thread that starts with "rant on" and ends with "rant off" so I don't do that again? Thank you.
          Badger,
          Well, you could have avoided my rant by passing it by, but I guess you couldn't...with a name like badger.
          I'm not new to forum life...I've been going online since before the WWW...back in the early 80's...so I had a feeling that I'd get flamed by some "senior" members, but I'm thickskinned (born in Brooklyn)...and I wanted to air my complaint...which is my right. At least I didn't say "ridgid sucks". I said I loved my sander...bought 2 of them...and then a third, when the first died. I take good care of my tools, but I work them hard. I always fix them when a part breaks...I frequent toolpartsdirect. I didn't do anything to my sander to cause a thick shaft to shear off...I think it is made of a material that isn't "RIDGID" enough. I was gonna fix it myself, which I like to do...but the part was too expensive to justify it. I could have brought it to a service center. there's even one a few miles from here, but it was in pieces, and I didn't want to reassemble, waste gas & time, and wait weeks for a repair. I thought it would be better to keep it for parts, and buy a new one. I make good $ with my tools, and don't mind spending $ to get good ones. Sorry to get off on a rant Badger...stick a fork in me, cause I'm done.

steve

Comment

ugh........ i give up, here i go again with those ever so famous words, cant we all just get along??
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
              How do we know? If TTI is making all of the Ridgid-brand power tools (not plumbing), and if they also make some (not all) tools for Metabo, and the R2610 looked exactly like a Metabo model, wouldn't it stand to reason that the Metabo is of TTI origin? Or is it reasonable that there's mutual aid, in that TTI makes a couple of tools for Metabo and in turn Metabo makes a couple of other tools for TTI? Remember, TTI has exclusive licensing for all power tools with the Ridgid brand name on them.

(Respectfully asking the question... not trying to make an argument out of this. I figure you probably have some knowledge that I don't. )

CWS
              CWS, I think l_bilyk is correct unless TTI has a factory in germany

Comment

Wayne,

Well, you can't beat that point, "made in Germany". It would seem the referenced article had a few errors or misconceptions. I know we certanly don't find "Ridgid" brand power tools anywhere outside of the BORG, either.

Thanks,

CWS

Comment

Working...
                X