Ridgid Driver #R841150 quit !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Driver #R841150 quit !!

I purchased a Ridgid Model 841150 driver kit about two years ago and have used it without mishap until last Friday, when attempting to start tool, it gave a short spark out of back area of unit with the accompanying "electrical smell".
    There is a "Service Center" in my area, but I am unable to locate original sales receipt from the 18V kit that I bought myself for Christmas. Am I out of luck for warranty repairs????

Thanks.

RLK
    Last edited by RLKElectrician; 10-14-2007, 11:06 PM. Reason: wish to change subject line

Re: Ridgid Driver #R841150 quit !!

Originally posted by RLKElectrician View Post
    I purchased a Ridgid Model 841150 driver kit about two years ago...but I am unable to locate original sales receipt from the 18V kit that I bought myself for Christmas. Am I out of luck for warranty repairs????
    According to the terms of Ridgid's LSA (Lifetime Service Agreement), and barring some generosity by HD or Ridgid, I'm afraid you are. To be eligible for the LSA you must register your tool within 90 days of purchase and mail in the UPC symbol from the box.

Duh....stupid of me. Just read Ern's post. They should accept the manufacture date for warranty. I've done this with other companies when missing a receipt.
    Last edited by Disaster; 10-15-2007, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Ridgid power tools have a three year warranty.

http://www.ridgid.com/manuals/RIDGID3yr.pdf

I'm not sure about their policy concerning receipts, proof of purchase etc. But I did have an experience w/ a Ryobi warranty issue. Because I did not have my receipt, Ryobi stated the warranty start date would default back to the manufacture date printed on the tool.

Since both Ryobi and Ridgid are built by TTI, they may have a similar policy. It wouldn't hurt to call and check.

Good luck,
      Ern

Comment

WAAA HOOOOOOOO! I was pleasantly surprized by a local authorized Ridgid dealer near my home (found from this website), who took care of my problem literally without hassle of any kind. Put all new electrical "guts" in my driver and it works great!!! Can't say enough about how I was treated.

I will certainly tell others about the great Ridgid service and hope it is universal to all dealers and not limited to the ethics of just one man.

Comment

wow it sure is nice to hear some good news for a change about a ridgid service center.
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Working...
          X