B840011 hard case wanted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B840011 hard case wanted

I've just bought an 18v B840011 drill. Does anyone know where I can get a case to fit the B840011? I've checked the list but don't see a prior message related to this.

Home Depot tells me most people don't want cases any more. I guess I'm just an old fart that likes a bit of organization on my "messy" bench.

Any help is appreciated.

Bob, Ottawa

Re: B840011 hard case wanted

Bob:
    I'm with you . . .
    Contrary to what HD told you, I also prefer a hard case to the bag that is included with the B840011 drill. A hard case is much more effective in terms of organizing things as well as protecting the drill when it's not in use.

Sorry that I don't have an answer for you. . . .

Comment

ebay?
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Ebay is a good suggestion. I did a quick search and found a couple of hard cases for ridgid cordless drills.
        A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

I too, prefer hard cases to those darn bags where everything knocks around into each other and the cord gets tangled around the drill.

If you don't have any luck you might want to consider those hard cases with the foam inserts. I've used these to create custom cases when a hardcase wasn't available.

Comment

Originally posted by Disaster View Post
            If you don't have any luck you might want to consider those hard cases with the foam inserts. I've used these to create custom cases when a hardcase wasn't available.
            Disaster, any idea where I could buy one of those cases you're talking about? I be interested to learn more about the foam inserts. Do they mold themselves around the tool or are they a foam rubber insert?
            ================================================== ====
            All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

This isn't the exact case, but similar to the one I've bought.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=36870

Some come with dividers, some come with a soft foam insert that is precut in little squares. You remove the squares to match the outline of your tool...or you can just clamp the tool in and let the foam compress.

I think I bought the last ones from The Sportsman's Guide.

Here is something close...but prefitted to particular guns.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=250468

Here is one with "waffle" foam.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=359236

and another interesting one...could put a drill on one side and a impact gun on the other.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...924&t=11082005

This one looks exactly like the ones I have.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...470&t=11082005

These plastic waterproof cases are nice too...but a bit more expensive.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...734&t=11082005

Here is a nice inexpensive Plano model at just $12.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=275882

Last edited by Disaster; 10-16-2007, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.

Has anyone ever tried a drill case by another manufacturer? i.e. would the R840011 fit in a Dewalt case? I can get one of these off ebay.

I tried a suitcase with the small square foam cutouts (for my astro-camera). The problem is the remaining foam is not dense enough and it compresses too much. Alternate foam is required to work effectively. ...and the suitcase is really quite large.

I'll check out the gun cases mentioned here. They just might be the best alternative use case - and the correct size.

Thanks for all the feedabck.

Bob , Ottawa

Comment

Bob, I can't imagine the wholes/cutouts would be the same with 2 different brands.

It may be close enough that it will still close without a problem.
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by bobhillier View Post
                    Thanks for the suggestions.

Has anyone ever tried a drill case by another manufacturer? i.e. would the R840011 fit in a Dewalt case? I can get one of these off ebay.

I tried a suitcase with the small square foam cutouts (for my astro-camera). The problem is the remaining foam is not dense enough and it compresses too much. Alternate foam is required to work effectively. ...and the suitcase is really quite large.

I'll check out the gun cases mentioned here. They just might be the best alternative use case - and the correct size.

Thanks for all the feedabck.

Bob , Ottawa
                    I have a Dewalt 3/8'' hammer/drill in a skill 3/8'' hammer/drill hard plastic case it fit perfect
                    Sam

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I traced the outline of the drill and cut it out. I then went to the local Dewalt service center and bought a case that fit the cutout. I brought it home and... Wow! The R840011 fits perfectly. In fact, I can fit the 2nd battery in and a small supplementary case to hold driver bits and drill bits.

Best of all... the dewalt case cost $10.00.

If I can figure out how to post a picture here, I will.

Comment

Originally posted by bobhillier View Post

If I can figure out how to post a picture here, I will.
                        Just do like all the other boys. . . ask your wife for help

I'm glad you found what you were looking for!
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Working...
                        X