X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 24v Battery just dies NO CHARGE

about two months ago I bought a 24 volt rigid kit from Home Depot for home use and have loved the way it works. However the other day I was using the drill for two-three minutes in hammer mode and the battery went completely dead. I threw it on the charger but after a few seconds it just showed as charged. I took it off the charger and let it sit over night and tried again without any success. The battery is totally dead and will not charge. Any ideas what to do next? Why would this happen to a new battery?

Re: New 24v Battery just dies NO CHARGE

Ummmm, take it back and get a new (replacement) one, might be a good start.....
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Please follow-up this post with unfolding details. I guess you could return the Kit to HD if within their 90 days ... OR see what Ridgid requests you to send with the bad batt if it goes back to them. In any case, it will be most informative to know the results and process.

Thanks,
      Tom B

Comment

Originally posted by hotrdd View Post
        about two months ago I bought a 24 volt rigid kit from Home Depot for home use and have loved the way it works. However the other day I was using the drill for two-three minutes in hammer mode and the battery went completely dead. I threw it on the charger but after a few seconds it just showed as charged. I took it off the charger and let it sit over night and tried again without any success. The battery is totally dead and will not charge. Any ideas what to do next? Why would this happen to a new battery?
        Hotrdd.....Bummer! Those symptoms sound like the problems that many were having back in the first part of the year. I had the same problem and took the set back to Home Depot and exchanged it. Maybe somehow you received some old inventory, because that problem seemed to go away after about March. Unfortunately for Ridgid's bottom line the system does not provide for a simple exchange of batteries.
        Anyway, as Garager said take it back and exchange it if you are within the 90 day period. I have had no problems with the set received when I exchanged in March.
        Good luck and let us know how it goes...Ray

Comment

Working...
        X