X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Jobsite Radio Comming Soon

I read on on of the other threads of Ridgid's new Jobsite Radio comming and I finally remembered to check the computer to see if it's in the system at work. Well it is and here are the details i've got.

Ridgid Jobsite Radio

Model R8404
    HD SKU 734-637
    Price $ 139.97

It is currently an innactive sku at my HD so that means I can't tell when it will start shipping or any of the details of what it looks like, features or what it includes but I'll keep checking as often as I can remember and give any updates here.

Re: Ridgid Jobsite Radio Comming Soon

about time i am getting tied of hearing everyone whinning about it, i'm allmost out of chesse lol
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I doubt if this radio will put an end to the whining. When it does finally get here you can be sure that there will be bunch of people who'll find something about it to complain about.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        I doubt if this radio will put an end to the whining. When it does finally get here you can be sure that there will be bunch of people who'll find something about it to complain about.

i can hear it now" what no HDTV?, no sattelite tuning?, no boston acustic sound system?" and i bet that is just the begining
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

If it doesn't charge batteries, there will be complaining. Has Dewalts radio chrger patent expired yet?

Comment

I'd like to see it have a bottle opener and death ray! I'll bet just to mess with me it'll be powered by 3.0 amp 18volt lithium that won't fit any of my Ridgid tools!

Comment

Aw man.. I wanted to let the cat outa the bag. it was getting close. So there ya have it. Its on its way.

Comment

it is "AM" only isn't josh? lol
                9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

finally, i can once again play my 8 tracks!

Comment

It would be neat to see something innovative with the radio like a built in AC converter and outlet.

Black and Decker's new VPX series of Lithium Ion tools have, as an accessory an AC converter that runs off a single VPX cell. Wouldn't it be neat if the Ridgid radio could run off it's battery or charge it's battery and offer a Inverter and outlet for AC tools in a pinch?

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                      Aw man.. I wanted to let the cat outa the bag. it was getting close. So there ya have it. Its on its way.

You can still let the cat out of the bag Josh, WHEN?!?!?!?

Cellardoor- I went online to Ridgids main sight tonight (for the first time with the new computers at HD) and saw I could get to the forum. Then I saw this post about the radio and told my DH about it right away. He had no idea, asked me where I heard about it. Ridgid rep (Joe) is hopefully coming in soon.

Comment

Sorry about that Josh. I thought you knew about and was just waiting to get the ok from the higher ups to release the information. Almost didn't post it but since we still don't know much about it besides price I figured the REAL introduction was when you showed us pics and specs on it.

Orange Apron: Yeah I sometimes browse the forum when I'm bored at HD. Can;t believe it isn't blocked as I'm sure it's something they don't want me to be doing but I can make plenty of excuses of looking up information for a customer or something. (I actually have used it for that purpose). I moved out of Wisconsin for graduate school too so I'm not at the fond Du Lac store anymore. I'm at store 2111 Quad Cities. I have yet to see our Ridgid Rep and from what my DH tells me he usually stops in once every other month or so. I'm used to seeing my old one every week. Now i've got to set all my Ryobi and Ridgid endcaps.

Comment

Cellar, dont worry about it. I was just kidding. Its fine that you posted it. I have known about it for a while but they hold me off on some releases till we are closer. Maybe probrand can come in and elaborate on the cool features.

BTW... yes dewalt still has a patent if that clues you off to anything

Comment

just for giggles josh, there patent is for the old nicads, not the new li ion. i think i just found your loop hole.
                            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Josh seems to have "cats" on his mind alot these days. I'm surprised Pamela Anderson and some other PETA folks didn't go after him.
                              So Josh......How about some features, maybe a phone photo you snuck at the sneek preview.

Comment

Working...
                              X