X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cellardoor
    started a topic Ridgid Jobsite Radio Comming Soon

Ridgid Jobsite Radio Comming Soon

I read on on of the other threads of Ridgid's new Jobsite Radio comming and I finally remembered to check the computer to see if it's in the system at work. Well it is and here are the details i've got.

Ridgid Jobsite Radio

Model R8404
    HD SKU 734-637
    Price $ 139.97

It is currently an innactive sku at my HD so that means I can't tell when it will start shipping or any of the details of what it looks like, features or what it includes but I'll keep checking as often as I can remember and give any updates here.

• oldslowchevy
    replied
    Re: Ridgid Jobsite Radio Comming Soon

i just wonder if it will be out tomarrow, hummmmmmmm.

i have sent a few "PMs" but i have gotten nowhere with them.

Leave a comment:

• onlycordless
    replied

Originally posted by Davet View Post
    What Year?

2007? No, 2008. I think 2009.

Only thing I know is it is coming soon. So that is how I came up with the year.

Leave a comment:

• Davet
    replied

What Year?

Leave a comment:

• oldslowchevy
    replied

from what i heard it should be in the stores before christmas.

Leave a comment:

• onlycordless
    replied

Anyone with any new info on the radio?

Tech specs?
    Price?
    Availability?

Leave a comment:

• oldslowchevy
    replied

it has been two days so i thought i would stir the pot alittle

Leave a comment:

• workerbob
    replied

It won't have a charger unless they are paying Dewalt. That is the number one item most people want on a radio. Of course if you have a plug to plug the radio into then you should be able to just plug in your charger to begin with.

Leave a comment:

• roadrashray
    replied

Originally posted by Josh View Post
    Aw man.. I wanted to let the cat outa the bag. it was getting close. So there ya have it. Its on its way.
    Josh seems to have "cats" on his mind alot these days. I'm surprised Pamela Anderson and some other PETA folks didn't go after him.
    So Josh......How about some features, maybe a phone photo you snuck at the sneek preview.

Leave a comment:

• oldslowchevy
    replied

just for giggles josh, there patent is for the old nicads, not the new li ion. i think i just found your loop hole.

Leave a comment:

• Josh
    replied

Cellar, dont worry about it. I was just kidding. Its fine that you posted it. I have known about it for a while but they hold me off on some releases till we are closer. Maybe probrand can come in and elaborate on the cool features.

BTW... yes dewalt still has a patent if that clues you off to anything

Leave a comment:

• cellardoor
    replied

Aw man.. I wanted to let the cat outa the bag. it was getting close. So there ya have it. Its on its way.

Sorry about that Josh. I thought you knew about and was just waiting to get the ok from the higher ups to release the information. Almost didn't post it but since we still don't know much about it besides price I figured the REAL introduction was when you showed us pics and specs on it.

Orange Apron: Yeah I sometimes browse the forum when I'm bored at HD. Can;t believe it isn't blocked as I'm sure it's something they don't want me to be doing but I can make plenty of excuses of looking up information for a customer or something. (I actually have used it for that purpose). I moved out of Wisconsin for graduate school too so I'm not at the fond Du Lac store anymore. I'm at store 2111 Quad Cities. I have yet to see our Ridgid Rep and from what my DH tells me he usually stops in once every other month or so. I'm used to seeing my old one every week. Now i've got to set all my Ryobi and Ridgid endcaps.

Leave a comment:

• Orange Apron
    replied

You can still let the cat out of the bag Josh, WHEN?!?!?!?

Cellardoor- I went online to Ridgids main sight tonight (for the first time with the new computers at HD) and saw I could get to the forum. Then I saw this post about the radio and told my DH about it right away. He had no idea, asked me where I heard about it. Ridgid rep (Joe) is hopefully coming in soon.

Leave a comment:

• Disaster
    replied

It would be neat to see something innovative with the radio like a built in AC converter and outlet.

Black and Decker's new VPX series of Lithium Ion tools have, as an accessory an AC converter that runs off a single VPX cell. Wouldn't it be neat if the Ridgid radio could run off it's battery or charge it's battery and offer a Inverter and outlet for AC tools in a pinch?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

finally, i can once again play my 8 tracks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X