X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? on changing TS3612 to 220

Hi all! I haven't visited the Ridgid forum much in about 4 years. Did post once earlier this summer.
    My question: I understand the wiring change per the owners manual, but does the switch not need to be wired differently? Is it already double pole double throw for 220? TIA for any help you can give. I need to go get some wire to make the change as I need to lengthen it to plug into a twist lock outlet in the ceiling. Jim.
    At the least I'm Pentatoxic...most likely I'm a Pentaholic. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3.

Re: ? on changing TS3612 to 220

I don't know if this answers your question or not but the manual says;

"Power cord lead connections for 110/120 volt and 220/240 volt applications are the same."

It then goes on to describe the procedure on how to change the wires within the saws motor to convert it from 120V to a 240V application. Now, I'm no electrical expert so don't just take my word for it but to me that means that the supplied switch will work for either power choice.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks for the note. That's what I'm thinking, it already as a DPDT switch that for 110, both the hot and neutral wires are switched, and when changed to 220 the neutral wire (In 110 volt operation) becomes the 2nd hot wire, but I'm looking for confirmation of that before I go and ruin something. ;-)) Jim.
      At the least I'm Pentatoxic...most likely I'm a Pentaholic. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3.

Comment

Can't verify for the 3612, but the 3650 is a dual pole switch (ref the 120v and 240 v wiring schematics on page 71 of the owners' manual), if that helps.

Go.
        Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

look on the motor for schematic and then take off the cover were the wire gose into the motor and change connections (some minor rewiring to make it 220v) before plugging it in to 220v or you'l fry it!!!
          ROMANS 10:9 confess with your mouth that JESUS is LORD and believe in your heart that GOD raised him from the dead and you will be Saved.

Comment

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/88E7884...le_Saw_Man.pdf

go look at page 13
            this is the motor wiring that i was talking about,
            i found your manual online

just fallow the directions carefully and double check you work.
            Last edited by jaminjimlp; 10-23-2007, 04:16 AM.
            ROMANS 10:9 confess with your mouth that JESUS is LORD and believe in your heart that GOD raised him from the dead and you will be Saved.

Comment

Sorry, I never got back to report. (having too much fun in the shop!) I did get it changed and it works great. Sure spins up to speed a lot faster! WOW!
              Thanks for all the information. Jim.

Comment

no problemo dude!!!

enjoy!!!

Comment

Working...
                X