X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with herc-u-lift on TS3650

Had this saw about 2 months now and really like it, especially the 36" capacity to the right and nice big cast iron surface. I bought my first house recently and can finally get into woodworking, been wanting to for a long time but not very easy when living in an apartment.

One thing that concerns me is the mobile base. I am pretty sure its not set up correctly and need some help. First, are the lock nuts supposed to be tightened all the way or should there be some play? (hope that makes sense). I have never used lock nuts before and once you get them on the bolt I stopped as soon as there was resistance, leaving a lot play in the base - very flimsy this way. I dont think this is right but not sure. Secondly, my garage floor is slightly uneven which casues one or more of the feet to get caught and not let the saw roll freely. Again, this doesnt seem right to me as the uneven floor is very minor. This is probably related to my first issue/question. I didnt word these questions very well so hopefully they make sense - I have a lot to learn about this hobby and power tools in general.

If anyone can provide some detailed info installing the herc-u-lift base I would really appreciate it. Close-up pics would really help if thats not to much trouble. If I could see how its supposed to me that might help - the HD in my arear doesnt even have one table saw of any brand set-up, otherwise I would start there.

Its getting to the point where I am considering getting an after-market mobile base.

Re: Need help with herc-u-lift on TS3650

All bolts get tightened all the way except for the four that hold the lift to the legs. Those only get tightened to the point where the bolt just starts coming through the nut.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I will try that, thanks for the quick response!

If anyone has a pic I would still like to see it, I tend to be a visual person.

Comment

I realize that it is quite long however this thread will answer most any question you have concerning the assembly of the TS3650.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          I realize that it is quite long however this thread will answer most any question you have concerning the assembly of the TS3650.

Thanks! When I was deciding on a saw I remember coming across that thread but simply forgot about it.

Comment

Working...
          X