X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tools at a HD near you

Tonight was really slow at HD and I decided to search around the computer system for any new tools coming this way for Christmas. I was delighted to find a decent amount. Hope some of this is useful for some of you.

12v Lithium Drill from Ryobi. Priced at 79.97 and should be available in November

10" sliding compound miter saw from Ryobi. Priced at $199 and available in Nov.

Ryobi One+ spotlight. Priced at $19.97 and available in Dec.

Skil 18v lithium drill at $99 This has already shipped and will be at my store this week.

Ridgid 18v lithium ion battery. Priced at $99.
    I'm assuming this is the compact 1.5 aH one and personally I think this is priced high. We carry the 1.5 ah makita for 79 and the 3aH makita for 99. Not sure why the battery is higher than the makita when the drill is priced lower.

Ryobi 18v lithium ion battery only. Priced at $79

Dewalt 18v nano battery and charger $ 179

Dewalt nano charger for $69

Dewalt nano vehicle charger for $89

I have model and HD SKU number for all of these but didn't feel like typing them out. If anyone wants them just ask and I'll reply back. Also for all of these except for the Skil Drill they are inactive skus and I have no exact date when they will be shipping. I will keep everyone updated when I do know when anything will be shipped. Ryobi also is coming out with a 2 new laser levels and a sonic tape measure but they aren't that interesting so I didn't expand on them.

Re: New Tools at a HD near you

Does your store have the new Black and Decker VPX display up yet? These are pretty cool but I was surprised to see them displayed so prominently at Home Depot as B&D is pushed more at Lowes, while Ryobi gets pushed more at HD (especially considering HD is their exclusive distributor.) Perhaps these aren't considered a direct competition with the OnePlus lineup because they are a little more lightweight.

http://www.vpxsystem.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cellardoor View Post

Ryobi One+ spotlight. Priced at $19.97 and available in Dec.
      If this is just the same flashlight they sell in the kits I'll be disappointed. I'm waiting for Ryobi to bring the flourescent light they sell in Europe and supply to Sears for the C3 Craftsman line to make it to the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by cellardoor View Post
        Ridgid 18v lithium ion battery. Priced at $99.
        I'm assuming this is the compact 1.5 aH one and personally I think this is priced high. We carry the 1.5 ah makita for 79 and the 3aH makita for 99. Not sure why the battery is higher than the makita when the drill is priced lower.
        P.S. Agree with you on the pricing. Sears sells it's Craftsman branded TTI 20 volt, 2.2Ah battery for $90 but you can often find it on sale for $10 less.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...eyword=lithium

Comment

Speaking of Sears, I just took advantage of their midnight madness sale and got a Jet 6" jointer for $377 tax and home delivery included. I love Sears... the tool dept. at least.

About that Ridgid batt. maybe it is the 3 Ah at that price. It seems that Ridgid has been trying to stay competitive w/ Makita when it comes to the 18v lithium line.

Ern

Comment

Milwaukee just came out with a 12V lithium ion and a 4V lithium ion tool. http://www.ohiopowertool.com/milwaukee_v12.cfm I was hoping we might see a few more tools in the line up maybe a pocket impact like bosch but these look like it for the next few months.

I think the micro seesnake will be the Christmas winner for power tools. Good price point for the big gift for Dad.
            Jay
            Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
            Coptool - Power Tool Blog

Comment

co-worker just picked up a 4.? Volt ryobi driver from HD for $29...not even on the Ryobi web site....Skill site showing NEW 7.2 Lit Ion driver...avilable at HD.

Black and Decker got a big display of their new tools at Wally World....I think price is too high for happy home owner...and name too low brow for us worker bees....but hay IF I was soo smart Id be in makreting not HVAC

Comment

Originally posted by Disaster View Post
                If this is just the same flashlight they sell in the kits I'll be disappointed. I'm waiting for Ryobi to bring the flourescent light they sell in Europe and supply to Sears for the C3 Craftsman line to make it to the U.S.
                I did see a picture of this particular flashlight in a Ryobi new product preview handout. It looked like the attachment except with a battery port.

As for the Black and decker line I've heard about it and I'm sure my store will be getting them in in a week or so. Its a good concept just like their versapak batteries a while ago. Let's hope the batteries are of a little better quality than the versapak ones.
                Attached Files

Comment

Crap. I was hoping they'd finally bring this one to the U.S. lineup.

Comment

Working...
                  X