Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences between R885 and R855

Hi all,
    Just joined the forum and wanted to see if anyone can give me an answer on this.

I just recently purchased the Ridgid R932 4 piece combo kit and noticed that the circular saw in the kit is model # R855, whereas the maxselect circular saw is numbered R885, the other tools in the kit have the same model number as the maxselect equivalent.

Does anyone know what the differences may be between the two circular saws?

Thanx,
    Mark

Re: Differences between R885 and R855

R885 is dual voltage while the R855 isn't. A full description of the differences can be found here and here.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I wonder if the only difference is the "MaxSelect" label as both of them are supposed to be able to run on 24 or 18 volts.

Comment

Disaster, what am I missing? I didn't see where the R855 was rated for dual voltage.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Somewhere on the box, or display back when I bought my set was the information that they would work with 18 volt batteries. In my opinion this is only a stopgap advantage, for those who might have 18 volt tools and batteries because the 24 volt tools, not only run less efficiently and with less power on 18 volts, they run less efficiently and with less power than the 18 volt tools do with 18 volt batteries.

Comment

BadgerDave, Disaster,
            thanks for the replies. I will check the packaging tonight at home. I to remember reading somewhere that the tools in the combo kit are dual voltage.

I'll let you know what I find.

m

Comment

I just purchased the R885 saw based on the dual voltage. I have an 18 voly LiIon battery set and I hope it works!! Any ideas on why it wouldn't? I will return unopened if you can give me a definate answer. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Disaster View Post
                Somewhere on the box, or display back when I bought my set was the information that they would work with 18 volt batteries. In my opinion this is only a stopgap advantage, for those who might have 18 volt tools and batteries because the 24 volt tools, not only run less efficiently and with less power on 18 volts, they run less efficiently and with less power than the 18 volt tools do with 18 volt batteries.
                they work with both 18 and 24v

Comment

Working...
                X