X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herculift Threads -Stripped

Ok, please be gentle on this new member! I just purchased the TS-3650 on Friday of last week and I am almost finished with the assembly. There is just one problem, I think I have messed up the Herculift base.

When I installed the Herculift to the stand, I tightened the stop nuts all the way up on all four legs. When the lift did not work properly, I searched the forum and found out that the nuts should only be flush with the bottom of the screw.....oops! Well, for two of the four legs I was able to untighten and fix. However, two of the four nuts will not unscrew.

What do I do?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Herculift Threads -Stripped

Get a longer wrench, they should loosen. If not if they break just run to HD and buy some new ones.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

If they are spinning but will not come off try to wedge a small pry bar (or big screw driver) in under the nut, that little extra outward force should help the nut catch a good thread and spin off. If not just cut them off and replace

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I will give them a try when I get home this evening.

Comment

Working...
        X