X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24V RIDGID Starter Kit-a Good Deal?

Was in my local HD today, they are offering the 24V starter kit for $149...Charger, Battery carrying bag, is this a decent price? Wish it had 2 batteries but i know i'm dreaming.

Re: 24V RIDGID Starter Kit-a Good Deal?

Probably depends on local demand .... one of my two local HD's was/is willing to sell it for $125. The 'special order' price they quoted for one 24v batt was $187.50 and 8-12 weeks delivery. The 3 pc Kit has been as low at $269. (<$100. more) and has Hammer Drill, Recip Saw, Work Light, 2 24v Batts a Charger, and nice carry bag. If you purchase now, they throw in a 14.4v Impact Driver with Ni-CAd Batts & Charger. For me ... that would make it very hard to spend $150, just for the Starter Kit ..... FWIW

Tom B

Comment

Wow. The 3 piece kit is at $269(vs. $379 originally) already. I think we are going to see some good competive prices for tools during the Christmas season.

I would not pay $149 for a battery and a charger.
      Last edited by onlycordless; 10-24-2007, 10:14 PM.
      http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

Comment

I recall my local HD clearing out the drill for $150. I can't see why anyone would buy the starter kit when there isn't any individual MaxSelect tools for sale anymore. I see maybe the odd one or two on the shelves...but that is it.

Comment

Originally posted by Disaster View Post
          I recall my local HD clearing out the drill for $150. I can't see why anyone would buy the starter kit when there isn't any individual MaxSelect tools for sale anymore. I see maybe the odd one or two on the shelves...but that is it.
          I thought the same thing until I found out that the local HD was displaying the MaxSelect tools with the corded tools instead of the cordless for some reason. (strange) Some of the associates in the tool department weren't aware of this.(big surprise!) I went to customer service to see about ordering a MaxSelect circ saw. She went into the computer and said "we show five in stock." She called the guy from tools and he said "they must be up top somewhere", and took my number promising to call when he found them. On my way out of the store I happened to wander by the display of corded saws and wallah!....there was the MaxSelect circ. saw. Now I see they have plenty of inventory for all the MaxSelect tools. The recip. is with the corded recips, the circ with the corded circs., the planer is with the corded planers.
          Go figure. I have stopped being surprised by anything HD does in the merchandising dept.

Comment

Working...
          X