X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 7/8" hose adapter

As the proud owner of a WD4050 purchased a few years ago, I need to find a 1 7/8" to 1 1/4" hose adapter. When we purchased this there were no tool kits available so we bought a selection of tools and an adapter to fit the narrower diameter wands but the adapter has disappeared recently. I bought a VT1780 accessory kit but I don't like the larger wands. Any suggestions since Ridgid says they discontinued the 1 1 7/8 to 1 1/4 adapter 13 months ago. Great! Thanks for any help.

Re: 1 7/8" hose adapter

hello and welcome to the group, try these places near you......

1.Highlands Vacuum Repair(863) 382-2002 - 6205 Us Highway 27 S # C, Sebring, FLGet Directions
    2.Highlands Office Supply Incorporated(863) 385-7748 - 121 S Commerce Ave, Sebring, FLGet Directions
    3.Alpha General Svc Incorporated(863) 382-1544 - 1578 Alpha Rd E, Sebring, FLGet Directions | Official site

if they don't have what you need they should be able to point you to the right place
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Suelin

I think but am not totally sure that your vac has the more or less standard 2-1/4 (approx size) inlet. If it does you can buy a hose made up to fit the vac and also use 1-1/4 tools which in many cases can also be use with your home use vacs. I'm thinking that you already have 1-1/4 accessories so why not use them with a 1-1/4 hose and reduce the bulk.

OSC has some good contacts for you to try in your area and good luck.

This is a hose of the type I have in mind in case you would like to check it out. I hope we can help you out there.
      Ridgid brand - http://www.ridgidparts.com/accessories/VT1406.phtml

ShopVac brand - http://www.shopvac.com/detail.asp?id=178 (Lowes has better pricing on ShopVac items than buying direct)

If worse comes to worse, I bet there's a way to make up a good adapter using some PVC plumbing fittings that would work.
      Last edited by Woussko; 10-25-2007, 07:57 PM.

Comment

I had the same issue and Woussko is correct. The inlet is standard 2 1/2 and the 2 1/2 to 1 1/4 hose will do the trick.
        A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Working...
        X