X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeWalt impact ready accesories

Hey all. I just took delivery of the 38 piece "impact ready" set from DeWalt. I bought it because I am tired of throwing bit after bit away when they shatter while screwing into cherry or oak drawer faces. I like the design of the double headed #2 phillips bits, and look forward to trying out the pivot holder too.

Anybody else tried these yet? I'll get a good chance to try em out on the job next week. I'll report more then.
    Last edited by woodenstickers; 10-26-2007, 01:26 AM.
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Re: DeWalt impact ready accesories

I was real tempted by that kit when I saw it at Lowes. Let me know how the pivot head works.

Comment

If Lowes has that kit for $40.00 I will pick one up tommorow and give feedback.

Comment

The pivot driver is outstanding, I used it the other night to bolt my planer to the stand. It is very nice because when you tilt it to the maximum angle, it provides support unlike using a flex shaft. I've used it with great success with an impact as well as a regular driver. One thing though, someone at Dewalt had the bright idea of using a flimsy plastic band for the Dewalt logo instead of etching it into the metal housing as they did on the regular hex drive attachment. The dang thing instantly slides off when you apply any downward pressure and you have to push it back on. That is my only complaint. I'll eventually throw the plastic thing away but for now I leave it on because it looks prettier.

Ern

Comment

pivot holder sucks 2nd time I used it it broke and I lost the slide after a month

Comment

Originally posted by pressureman0 View Post
            pivot holder sucks 2nd time I used it it broke and I lost the slide after a month
            How did it break? The slide does use a flimsy ring-clip to hold it on. Tell us more.

Ern

Edit:

P.S.
            I was in WallyMart the other day and I saw a very similar (but not exactly the same) looking attachment, but it had a magnetic insert-bit holder instead. It did not look very durable.
            Last edited by erngum; 10-29-2007, 07:32 AM.

Comment

what would you like to know it's broken in 2 piece it broke when I was putting in a tapcon or a self tapping screw

Comment

Working...
              X