X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15" Drill press question

Just bought a new drill press and was looking through the manual. I did not see any information about what the different speeds that are available and how to set the belt combinations to achieve each speed.

Have not set the drill press up yet, but thought I might ask here first.

Thanks

Re: 15" Drill press question

If it is the Ridgid drill press (which I'm assuming it is) on the inside top cover is a paper sticker showing the belt combination possibilities and the speeds. It is fairly easy to change speeds with the motor driven wheel moved closer to decrease belt tension by a silver lever on the outside of the drill press located by the motor assembly. (Attched picture highlights lever)
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: 15" Drill press question

Originally posted by cellardoor View Post
      If it is the Ridgid drill press (which I'm assuming it is) on the inside top cover is a paper sticker showing the belt combination possibilities and the speeds. It is fairly easy to change speeds with the motor driven wheel moved closer to decrease belt tension by a silver lever on the outside of the drill press located by the motor assembly. (Attched picture highlights lever)
      Thanks for the info.

I found the info when I when out after work Friday to put the drill together. Very easy to do and it took less than an hour to do it. Heavy sob though. I am totally happy with it.

Now the band saw gets replaced next month....maybe for Christmas???

Comment

Working...
      X