X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black & Decker Talbe Saw

Does anybody have the Black & Decker BT2500 10 inch, 15 amp, 3 HP table saw? I purchased one a few years ago at Lowes, but have not seen much written about it. I have been perfectly satisfied with it. A few months ago, I was at Woodcraft and I saw a Jet table saw with the identical fence. Does Jet use the parts as Black & Decker? Thanks, Ron

Re: Black & Decker Talbe Saw

B&D owns names like Delta, DeWalt, Porter Cable, Devilbiss, Oldham, but Jet is not part of that conglomerate. Jet is owned by WMH Tool Group that also owns Witlon, Powermatic, and I think Performax. It's possible that the saws share some parts from a separate supplier, or are made in the same plant by an independent manufacturer that both brands put their name on.

There was a recall on some of the BT2500's...something worth checking into.
    http://benchnotes.com/Tool%20Recalls...010%22%20Table

The BT2500 is aimed more at the novice DIY market than for serious hobbyists or professionals. It's essentially a benchtop saw with legs and is a bit smaller, lighter duty, less robust, and louder than a full size cast iron saw like the Ridgid 3650, Grizzly G0444Z, Delta 36-980, Jet 708100, etc, and is not made quite as robustly made as the smaller professional portable jobsite saws like the Ridgid 2400, Bosch 4000, DW744, PC 3812, etc. It's also not really 3hp if it plugs into a 110v outlet, which is a mathematical impossibility. That's a misleading claim that routers and shop vacs seem prone to using that should be outlawed (or perhaps already has been). This model falls in between the $100 benchtop saws the pro jobsite class of saws. I suspect many potential buyers go with the cheapie saws or take the step to the next level, or possibly even jump to the full size cast iron saws. These are a few possible reasons why you don't see it being reviewed by wwing mags.

Comment

I bought mine after the recall and they had the problem corrected.
      I am and have been satisfied with mine and it has performed well whether it is low level or what. Bottom line, I am satisfied. Ron

Comment

I have used mine for about 6 months now and I like the saw. I wish it came with wheels on the legs.

Comment

Working...
        X