X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New milwaukee close quarters drill

Does anyone have one yet? Looks like they really improved on the old one (no more flappy switch!!). I am thinking of getting one.. ot bad only a 3/8 chuck

Re: New milwaukee close quarters drill

Hang in there as if they really do have a 3/8 out then it shouldn't be long before a 1/2 comes along. Please note the rest of this little tool is not near built tuff enough for a 1/2 chuck, but watch them do one anyway.

Info on new Milwaukee 3/8" 0370-20 close quarters angle drill. (You can be pretty darn sure this is TTI junk from China.)
    http://www.milwaukeeconnect.com/weba...192162_192137#

Now if only they would (doubt it will happen) make up a good Li-Ion battery powered cordless version.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Woussko; 10-26-2007, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Just use a Milwaukee hole hawg

Comment

And, if a HoleHawg is a little too big, then maybe one of these would work. Please see picture below, but that's another drill and is getting off the subject of this thread.
        Attached Files

Comment

That's the biggest POS tool Milwaukee has ever put its name on.
          If you're looking at a compact right angle drill, a 1/2" chuck is probably not necessary.

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-1132VSR-...3449963&sr=8-4

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-DA3010F...3449963&sr=8-8

Comment

Bought one of these bad boys for my best friend last xmas for $145. He loves it. Varaible speed and side handle makes for alot of control. Excellent power. New price of $115 is a steal!!! http://www.amazon.com/Hitachi-D10YB-...627062?ie=UTF8
            You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

The Hitachi is a nice one for the $$$ but this is my favorite of them.
              http://www.makita.com/menu.php?pg=pr...et&tag=DA3000R

The Makita DA3010F is geared too fast for anything but drilling little (1/4" and smaller) holes in soft wood, but I do like the LED light on it.

Comment

I just put the Hitachi on my Amazon wish list.

Ern

Comment

Yeah but the hitachi has electronic variable speed. Thats probably a really bad idea for this type of tool

Comment

Originally posted by l_bilyk View Post
                    Yeah but the hitachi has electronic variable speed. Thats probably a really bad idea for this type of tool

Do tell...

Comment

And how does the variable speed control work on the Bosch? It has electronics too.

Please keep in mind that Newman is a sales rep (special type) for Bosch Power Tools, but you'll never get him to admit it. Bosch is the only brand he will own or not poop on in a discussion about power tools.

When it comes to a smallish right angle drill, I'm still waiting for Milwaukee to produce a good design and well made mini HoleHawg but I'm sure I'll be long gone before such happens.
                      Last edited by Woussko; 10-29-2007, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
                        Do tell...
                        Well.. my electric buffer is the big porter cable with constant response circuitry. I had it catch once and it nearly broke my arm. I imagine this would happen if the bit jams

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                          And how does the variable speed control work on the Bosch? It has electronics too.

Please keep in mind that Newman is a sales rep (special type) for Bosch Power Tools, but you'll never get him to admit it. Bosch is the only brand he will own or not poop on in a discussion about power tools.

When it comes to a smallish right angle drill, I'm still waiting for Milwaukee to produce a good design and well made mini HoleHawg but I'm sure I'll be long gone before such happens.

It's true I happen to own mostly Bosch tools because I like their products, but I'm not their sales rep ( if that were the case I'd have all of their tools ). I have lots of Milwaukee tools as well. I have many Dewalt, Ridgid, P-C, Metabo, Senco, and Hitachi, not to mention my Snap-on hand tools. Yes, I favor Bosch because I've had the best user experience with their products. If a power tool is a POS, I will crap on it.
                          Last edited by Newman; 10-30-2007, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by l_bilyk View Post
                            Well.. my electric buffer is the big porter cable with constant response circuitry. I had it catch once and it nearly broke my arm. I imagine this would happen if the bit jams

Somehow I can't picture how a wimpy 3/8" drill is going to break your wrist, unless you're a petite girl.

Comment

For the most part corded Milwaukee drills have been pretty good but I have to agree that their "Close Quarters" drills have been and currently leave alot to be desired. In the past they were made under contract but the new one is a TTI product and TTI now owns Milwaukee. As for a 1/2" right angle drill, if you're at all serious, you need a more beefy tool such as a HoleHawg or a good D handle drill with a right angle head.

When it comes to Newman being a Bosch rep, I don't mean that he is paid by them. I was a sort of sales rep for Milwaukee and there corded drills other than the close quarters models and their famous Sawzall. Another place where Milwaukee poops on their customers is with their little random orbital sanders which are from Jepson and made in China. I really wish they were owned and operated by themselves and would ditch their lesser grade **** products. I fear that with TTI in control that soon they will be nothing but Ryobi in red clothing.

Bottom line: Keep a good distance from the new Milwaukee close quarters drill(s) until they have a track record.
                              Last edited by Woussko; 10-30-2007, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X