X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Bulb for Ridgid 18V Flashlight?

Will any 18V (ex.- Dewalt) work as a replacement for the Ridgid 18V flashlight?
    My flashlight did not have a replacement in the head.
    Where do I get a replacement bulb for the light?

Ignore the Heading.

I meant bulb.

Thanks
    Last edited by Peter18v; 10-31-2007, 07:57 AM.

Re: Which Bulb for Ridgid 18V Flashlight?

Dewalt 18 volt bulbs work and you can get them at Home Depot. They are not cheap and that is why some of us are looking towards LED replacements in the future.

Comment

The Ryobi bulb will work. I've seen it for as cheap as $1.50 online. Search for part number 780036001 (called for in 24 volt manual) or part number 7817502/780204001.

http://www.amazon.com/BULB-12V-0-7A-...3835033&sr=1-7

http://www.amazon.com/BULB-18V-DC-0-...3835033&sr=1-8

Comment

Disaster, that's a great price for those bulbs. I bought three of the Dewalt double pack 18 volt bulbs a couple of years ago because at the time they were often out of stock and I can't see the point of owning a tool if I don't have spare parts. Once again please accept my apology for that LED mess up.

Comment

No problem. I appreciate you posting about the failures. Just got an email from the place I ordered and they were out of stock. Sounds like I have an opportunity to cancel my order. Wonder if they are going to be making a new batch that is better?

Comment

I always used an automobile tail light in my black and decker 18 volt and worked fine. 5 watts. I think my 24 volt RIDGID is a differnent base size. ??
            http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

Comment

Originally posted by Disaster View Post
              No problem. I appreciate you posting about the failures. Just got an email from the place I ordered and they were out of stock. Sounds like I have an opportunity to cancel my order. Wonder if they are going to be making a new batch that is better?
              I received an e-mail from a Terralux representative this morning. She said their TS-18 does not fit "many" tool lights and that there are too many out there to test. When I spoke to Matt from Battery Junction he said he would ask them if they could tell him which ones they worked in? I said nothing with a focus function. He gave me a credit and I put it towards a Olight T-20, this is a very bright 160 lumens LED flashlight with Cree technology. Real nice flashlight, but I still want a good LED solution for my Tool lights! I wrote back to the lady from Terralux that there are many Trademen using these tool lights and that they would benefit from a quality LED upgrade, something to save them from changing bulbs. The market is there and these LED's are finding their way into more and more applications everyday. By the way I also purchased the Terralux upgrade for my MiniMag AA and the light output is fantastic. I've used the OLight and upgraded MiniMag for at least two months and I can say with confidence that these products are well made, sturdy and worth the money. Thanks for being so understanding.

Comment

Got confirmation. They canceled my order for the TS-18's which weren't in stock. Unfortunately that means I paid $7 to ship a $8 LED flashlight I didn't need....but it is better than losing another $15 bucks on the TS-18's.

Comment

Got confirmation. They canceled my order for the TS-18's which weren't in stock. Unfortunately that means I paid $7 to ship a $8 LED flashlight I didn't need....but it is better than losing another $15 bucks on the TS-18's.
                  I'm glad your order was cancelled, but what LED and shipping charge are you still paying for?

Comment

I ordered 3 of those TS-18's from this place. $5.79 was one of the best prices I found.

http://www.genesis7supply.com/

While I was at it I threw in one of the TerraLux TriStar magnetic flashlights. They already shipped the flashlight so it was too late to cancel it. Hopefully, the flashlight will have better quality than the LED upgrade kits.

http://www.genesis7supply.com/index....PROD&ProdID=70

Comment

I ordered 3 of those TS-18's from this place. $5.79 was one of the best prices I found.

http://www.genesis7supply.com/

While I was at it I threw in one of the TerraLux TriStar magnetic flashlights. They already shipped the flashlight so it was too late to cancel it. Hopefully, the flashlight will have better quality than the LED upgrade kits.

http://www.genesis7supply.com/index....PROD&ProdID=70
                      That looks like a nice little flashlight and the three AA's will last longer than the AAA's they usually put in those small lights. Good price too. I'm going to look at this site thoroughly, I've been ordering from Battery Junction and they charged $7.99 each for the TS-18's. I will say again the Terralux upgrade I did on my MiniMag was well worth the $25.00 because the light output is very good with a run time of over two hours on NIMH AA's with no dimming at all. I mentioned the Olight previously and anyone looking for a well made and extremely bright falshlight in a very compact size would like this product, it runs on two 123A 3 volt batteries. I use the rechargeable ones 900 MAH by Tenergy.

Comment

Like that it runs on AA's too...one of the reasons I added it to the cart...and the power. But I wouldn't have ordered it if I hadn't already had an order in place. Must have at least 15 LED flashlights in various drawers and cupboards now.

Comment

Like that it runs on AA's too...one of the reasons I added it to the cart...and the power. But I wouldn't have ordered it if I hadn't already had an order in place. Must have at least 15 LED flashlights in various drawers and cupboards now.
                          I know what you mean, sorry about that. I sort of get caught up in new or interesting things, then go overboard. This flashlight thing started with one Streamlight LED my neighbor used while I hooked up his pool pump one night. I've been upgrading old lights and buying new ones here and there ever since. Presently I have enough rechargeable batteries and LED lights to last months in the event of a catastrophe. I don't gamble or spend money on drinking and such, but it's still a waste to buy beyond my needs. My wife is also getting suspicious of all the flashlights, not to mention my new Ryobi Lithium I've been sleeping with.

Comment

In the event of a long power failure you'll be glad to have the extra flashlights and lanterns. Be sure to have a good stock of batteries for them and store them in a cool, dry location, but not too cold. You don't need them condensing moisture from the air when you want to use them.

If anyone wants a good LED upgrade for genuine Maglite C or D cell flashlights that use 2, 3 or 4 Alkaline size C or D cells, take a look here. I upgraded a 2 D cell and the difference is WOW.
                            http://www.maglite.com/LED_Mod.asp
                            Be warned not to buy the junker upgrades. Buy only from a brand name you know and trust.
                            Last edited by Woussko; 11-01-2007, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                              In the event of a long power failure you'll be glad to have the extra flashlights and lanterns. Be sure to have a good stock of batteries for them and store them in a cool, dry location, but not too cold. You don't need them condensing moisture from the air when you want to use them.

If anyone wants a good LED upgrade for genuine Maglite C or D cell flashlights that use 2, 3 or 4 Alkaline size C or D cells, take a look here. I upgraded a 2 D cell and the difference is WOW.
                              http://www.maglite.com/LED_Mod.asp
                              Be warned not to buy the junker upgrades. Buy only from a brand name you know and trust.
                              I bought the LED upgrade for my three D cell Maglite from Home Depot and it was easy to swap out and the performance is greatly improved. I live in CT and I still am amazed when we have a power failure how few of my neighbors have even one working flashlight. I've got two large fluorescent tube Coleman lanterns in addition to all those LED's. I think I'm also one of the few folks in the neighborhood to have a Coleman propane stove ready to go just in case. Would be nice to have a whole house propane or natural gas generator, that's what I call well prepared!

Comment

Working...
                              X