• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chop saw suggestions

Originally posted by l_bilyk View Post
    Chop saw. For metal.

I already have a miter saw... the bosch 5412L

I wanted the 6180-20 but none of the stores carry it in canada, eh. I don't like the 6176-20 because of the trigger handle, no keyless anything, and the base is too low. Not a huge fan of the makita either. Looking at the ridgid and dewalt right now. Ideally I want the new milwaukee, but it's not in stores yet.

I have the 10" version of that saw - great saw.

As far as the chop saw, I don't have much first hand experience with them. I guess it depends on how much cutting you have to do and how hard you plan on using it. Since it is not a precision tool per say, perhaps the Ridgid would work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by threecreeks3 View Post
      Never forget saftey glasses with these things and always run a new blade a bit before actual use.
      Sam
      When you run a new blade, stand off to one side so that just in case it flies apart you don't get hit. It's rare, but has happened and especially if the blade got damaged or is one of the cheapo imports that left the factory defective. I would go for a full face shield over safety glasses.

Comment

I purchased the last 6176-20 that our local HD carried. They were phasing them out for the Ridgid and the Ryobi. While the 6176-20 is not perfect, I got it new in the box for $42.00. For my limited use (son is adding a 900 CC motor to our gulf cart resulting in a new rear and front end) it works just fine.

DWC

Comment

I would buy it for $42 as well

Yesterday I took a look at the ridgid and ryobi units side by side, and they appear to share the motor, arm, and pivot point. The ridgid has a different base, a nicer looking guard and a horizontal handle, but the key bits appear to be the same

Comment

Working...
          X