Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid R888 Planer Blades

Hi All,

I have the Ridgid MaxSelect planner and wanted to know if blades other than Ridgid are compatible with the planer. Does Bosch or anyone else have blades that I can use on this planer or do only the Ridgid blades fit?

Has anyone else with this planer used blades other than the Ridgid blades? If so can you post the make and model.

Thanks
    m

Re: Ridgid R888 Planer Blades

Anyone have any info on this?

Comment

I've been wondering this myself. I haven't found/heard anything about it, one way or another.

Comment

I looked into this a while ago so my memory is a little sketchy. If I recall, it looked like you could use a different brand flat blade and with a little grinding and hole drilling it would fit (sans the fancy bent tabs.) The key would be to keep it cool so that you didn't mess up the heat treatment. I still have the spare pair that came with the planer so I never got around to doing that.

Comment

Spare pair that came with the planer? I didn't get a spare pair with mine.... Did everyone else?

Comment

I had a spare set with the planer I bought (R848). I just installed them on mine. I have the 18v version (planer, battery, charger, extra blades and case) not the MaxSelect. I found this thread where some have found replacement blades. Not sure if the 848 and 888 blades are the same though.

Comment

I have the MaxSelect planer (R888) also, and I didn't receive any spare planer blades in with mine, either. I don't believe that the R888 MaxSelect Planer comes with spares - I think only the 18v standard one does.

Comment

Mine WAS the 18v...not the MaxSelect. With the 18v you got a nice hard plastic case and an extra set of blades. But, it is stuck working off those old NiCds.

Comment

Nope, no spare blades in my maxselect box either.

Comment

Where can I but new blades for my r888?

Comment

The old 18v model is okay for use with the new li-ion batteries that are 18v and so far in my experience are a great improvement over the Ni-Cad.

Ryobi planer blades I'm pretty sure are compatible. I know its the same company but the first question didn't specify

Ridgid Parts sells these blades for $15.10, not too bad

Comment

Originally posted by km0838 View Post
                        Where can I but new blades for my r888?
                        Where can you get new blades? Probably best to contact Ridgid Parts to see about ordering them. I doubt you'd have any luck getting them through HD, and I haven't seen any on eBay either. I'm presuming Ridgid Parts is the (only) way to go for these, at the present time.

Comment

I ordered some new blades from ridgid parts, but couldn’t wait for them. So I found some bosch blades at HD and Lowes. They do not lock in like the ridgid one’s do but if you are careful you can get them to work. Just make sure you roll the blade holder by hand a few times to make sure that your not dragging the blades.

Comment

If I'm correct with my assumption that the Ryobi blades fit you can find those on eBay pretty easily.

Comment

Working...
                            X