Problem with tape measure on TS3650

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with tape measure on TS3650

Anyone else have problems with setting the tape measure on the TS3650 to the 7 1/8" offset like as advised in the assembly manual? I set mine to that and it was off by about 1/8" or so. I adjusted it to around 7 1/4" and now it looks pretty darn good, it is at least within the tolerance of the tape measure. The measurments were accurate to the right of the blade, but when I put the fence to the left side, it looked a little bit off, not much, maybe 1/32", but it was noticeable. Just wondering if anyone else had these problems? I assume it has to do with where they put the stickers on the front fence.

Re: Problem with tape measure on TS3650

Set the tape back to the 7-1/8" location as stated in the manual. Once you have done that, set both of the Fence Indicators to zero on the tape. There is a section in the manual that tells you how to do this. Look in the Index for "Adjusting Fence Indicator".
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Re: Problem with tape measure on TS3650

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      Set the tape back to the 7-1/8" location as stated in the manual. Once you have done that, set both of the Fence Indicators to zero on the tape. There is a section in the manual that tells you how to do this. Look in the Index for "Adjusting Fence Indicator".
      Haha, that sounds like a good idea. Geez, I can be dumb sometimes. Instead of adjusting the small piece, I adjusted the big one...

EDIT: Do I really need to adjust the front rail back to 7 1/8" though? I mean it is only moved 1/8" towards the right. I assume that I can just the indicators to where everything will be perfect now, but is moving the rail back over the 1/8" worth the 30 mins. or so of work? Won't I just be loosing 1/8" of cutting capacity, if even that, I assume the rails are longer than needed for maximum cut.
      Last edited by automobiliben; 11-06-2007, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X